VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    can i burn a straight dual layer movies to a 8.5dvd-r copytocpy using 2 drive instead of having to rip the content to the the hard drive first? or do i have to rip it to the hd first then burn it from there? if so, how do i burn all it's content with nero 6 or other apps? is it the same as burning 4.3 gig using the VIDEO_TS.IFO?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, you can copy on the fly from one drive to another using Nero 6 or most any other CD/DVD burning program. Just use the program's Disc Copy function to do so. And chances are if your system is up to snuff you won't need to copy to hard drive first in order to do so.

Cheers!

TTWC
    "I've got a present for ya!" - TTWC
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    really? i thought dvds have encryptions, you dont have to decrypt it to the HD first? and what about copy protected discs? it would be a waste of $2 DL dvd-+R disc if the disc have copy protection and the burn stop in the middle.

also, how do i burn the complete 8.5 movies ripped to the HD already?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use IMG BURN or DVD DECRYPTER to burn DUAL LAYER MEDIA.
    To copy files to the hd all you do is READ ISO then WRITE ISO using either of the above programs.

http://www.imgburn.com/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i rip all the files to the hd using dvdshrink. so , how do i burn all the files back to a 8.5 dvd-r?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Beautiful Alone
    i rip all the files to the hd using dvdshrink. so , how do i burn all the files back to a 8.5 dvd-r?
    Why use DVD SHRINK? You don't need to shrink the files. As I suggested use IMG BURN or DVD DECRYPTER to burn DL MEDIA. Check out the link I provided for IMG BURN. There are screenshots on how to use the program to burn DL MEDIA. DVD DECRYPTER is basically the same as IMG BURN.

1. put your dvd movie in the drive.
    2. open up the dvd movie in DECRYPTER by clicking MODE, then click on ISO READ.
    3. then choose where you want the files copied on your hd.
    4. then click on the DVD ICON to start copying the files to your hd.
    5. when it's done then you click on MODE, then click on ISO WRITE.
    6. under SOURCE find the ISO file you saved to your hd
    7. click on DVD ICON to start your burning to DL MEDIA.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't shrink the files with dvdshrink, i ripped the entire dvd to the hd. there doesn't appear to be any ISO files. so how do i burn these files that i ripped with dvdshrink?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I suggested you use DVD DECRYPTER. In DVD SHRINK you can save the files as a ISO IMAGE....when you click on BACKUP....under the TARGET DEVICE TAB....select save as ISO IMAGE FILE. Then you can use DECRYPTER to burn that ISO IMAGE.

It seems you're making things harder than they need be.....
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budz
    I suggested you use DVD DECRYPTER. In DVD SHRINK you can save the files as a ISO IMAGE....when you click on BACKUP....under the TARGET DEVICE TAB....select save as ISO IMAGE FILE. Then you can use DECRYPTER to burn that ISO IMAGE.

It seems you're making things harder than they need be.....
    I'm have a question along these lines - I Have some dual-layer backups that were ripped in file mode and I need to convert them to iso mode in order to burn with imgburn. I've done this with many time with Dvdshrink and have had no problems, but that was with single layer discs.

Howeverk, these files were ripped from dual layer discs - so when I convert to .iso using shrink do I uncheck "remove layer break" in shrink's settings, so that the original layer break is retained in the .iso file I create, or should I let shrink remove the layer break and let imgburn calculate where to put it? (In past cases with dual layer discs that were ripped to iso and burned with imgburn, imgburn will just put the layer break where the original layer break was).

Thanks,

Roy
    Quote Quote  
  10. Rip your DVD to your hard drive with DVDFab, DVD Decripter (if you have it) or DVD Shrink (It doesn't decript all movies. Try it and see, if you want)

After that, you can burn with Nero, like you would any other disc.
    "I think I know exactly what I mean, when I say it's a Shpadoinkle day!"
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks,

That's pretty much what I usually do - rip to an .iso file with decrypter and burn with imgburn (I just have to change the booktype in imgburn to dvd-rom each time).

However, after many tries, cleaning the discs, trying a different ripper, I couldn't get an .iso image from decrypter - just redundancy errors. I tried file mode and still got errors, but after a couple of tries I was able to get them to rip all the way through. I was going to just convert the files to .iso with Shrink, and then burn with imgburn, since I've never had a bad dl burn with imgburn, but just didn't know whether or not to leave the layer break intact when converting with to .iso with shrink.

I've never burned a dl disc with Nero before, so I'm a litle hesitant to wast an expensive disc because I have something set incorrectly (for example, I can't find a way to set the book type to dvd-rom in Nero) My copy of nero is old (Nero express - version 6.3.1.17) and I've put off upgrading because I've read a lot of bad stuff about newer upgrades, and the version I have has worked well for Single Layer discs the few times I've had to use it (which is rarely).

Roy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use DVDFAB DECRYPTER to rip to your hard drive then use IMG TOOL CLASSIC to create a ISO IMAGE. Then use IMG BURN to burn the dual layer disc.

I haven't burned many dual layer discs because they're still a bit expensive to me. The dual layer discs I did use were burned with DVD DECRYPTER and not with NERO.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I addressed this issue in an earler post. https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=298890

Again, I think we need a new forum thread just for DVD-DL content as topics posted in this DVD-R format regarding DVD-DL seem to get lost.

Refer to my earlier post. You only need DVD Shrink 3.2 with imgburn plugin (or nero) to burn your disks. As for layer break issue, shrink handles it fine when you setup under EDIT>PREFERENCES, just select DVD-9 (this is DL). You can easily change back and forth between DVD-R and DVD-DL this way each time you run shrink.

I still use shrink (when DVD decypter fails) with DVDfab decrypter. Since DVDfab only backs up in file mode, you have to use shrink to burn (or nero recode)

DVD Shrink 3.2 uses the nero engine within its program if you have it
    Quote Quote