VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you burn the files that you record from the media center? I forget the extension but I know it puts them into the doc&settings of allusers in the my documents folder. Anyway, just wondering if you can burn them or author those file types. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Audio or video?

If its video it has to meet certain strict standards. If its mpeg 2 (.mpg) you MAY be able to go ahead and author it with something like ulead dvd movie factory. If not you'll have to convert it.

If its avi you have to convert it to dvd spec mpeg 2. Use a program like tmpgenc to do it.

https://www.videohelp.com/dvd

That has the details of what dvd accepts. Use a program like gspot to tell what your file details are.

https://www.videohelp.com/convert

https://www.videohelp.com/author

those two links will help get you started for conversion and authoring.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. yes u can burn to dvd
    use create dvd or more programs in menu
    i use nero 7 to reauthor/shrink/burn rather than media center
    since nero has 5:1 audio option
    my computer records tv to default setting
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Recorded TV
    windows media center records tv as ASF/WMA-WMV[windows media]
    which it will convert to dvd for u in one step
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Windows MCE does not record as ASF/WMA-WMV.
    It records to a .dvr-ms file. which is nothing but a mpeg file in a wrapper.

You can use a tool called dvrms toolbox to extract the file to a mpg then you can use any of your normal dvd creation software you prefer to use
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sweeeeeeeeet. I wasn't sure if regular authoring programs would recognize that stuff....that is fantastic. thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes the express purpose (DVRM) of rights managment built into MCE of XP is designed to make what you wanna do difficult if not impossible
    Thank god for DVRMSToolbox

Sonic partnered with Microsoft, and their lousy consumer level program DVD iT is also capable of DVRM breakout
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know there are VCRs out there that have commercial skip feature. Is there a program for Media Center that will allow MC to skip commercials? In response to recording from the HD to DVD, I use drag n drop, it works great.
    Quote Quote  
  8. yes, you can skip commercials in mce. showanalyzer w/ dvrmstoolbox does it.
    Quote Quote