VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i have a satreceiver that i use to record some daily hows. I archive them now with autogk, that perfectly opens my .ts files. How can i get VirtualDub to open these files directly? Or is the only way to demux them and the recombine? which is a lot of work

what do i need then to combine the m2v and mp2 file? VD doesn't recognize the mp2
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    virtualdub doesn't support mpeg2. use virtualdubmod or virtualdubmpeg , if you can't open the ts directly try hdtvtompeg2 or frameserve from avisynth.
    Quote Quote  
  3. i already tried demuxing the stuff, si get 2 files: the mpegs2 i can open with vdubmpeg, but how do i combine it with the audio file? mp2 is that one
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Another option (if you have the room) is to convert the TS to regular MPEG2 with ProjectX
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Although it's not free, the Divx Converter at http://www.divx.com could not be simpler for doing this. It's biggest fault is that there is almost nothing you can configure on it, so you get very very little control over the final output. Dr. Divx (http://www.drdivx.com) is free and does give you all the control you need over the output, but it may choke and die for no reason on some video input files. It is not necessary to demux with either of these programs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use virtualdub mpeg2 myself to open those files. Then I add some filters, like msu_deblocking, delogo / logoaway, static noise reduction, dynamic noise reduction, resizing, etc. Then, I frameserve and encode to whatever I wish or export to mpeg4
    Quote Quote