VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey folks. Finally got my capture card and I have no audio when watching live tv! Everything else works great with audio but that doens't work. I'm not sure if has something ot do with having a really crappy cable signal or if I'm doing something wrong. Please help. Thanks! Just installed a Hauppauge 500 for capture.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What is your signal path ?

ie. Cable box - > Receiver - > Capture card ?

What other devices ("Everything else") do you have, and how are they connected up ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you checked to make sure your line input selector isn't muted on your volume panel?

Also make sure the cables aren't loose and properly connected on both ends. Can you here sound on a source like a vcr? Does any sound come from any source at all?

- do you hear sound if you record the live tv then play it back?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Alright, my path is in from the outside to a splitter which splits out to the living room, then into another splitter in my bedroom in which one goes to my tv and one to the media center. Still no audio. Do I have to use the audio inputs on the back of the card? I was pretty sure audio came in throught he coax cable. Sometimes when i click "My TV", the audio will come on for a split second and then go away, then I have nothing. I recorded a portion and played it back but I still have no audio. Please help! Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also, what is this line input thing you are referring to?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hauppauge cards are notorious for having sound issues. I have tried 2 PVR 150 cards recently and have had sound issues with both of them. Try downloading new drivers from the hauppauge website and if that doesn't work, return the card for a replacement. Thats what I had to do. The replacement card works better with the same drivers but still has a few issues. Its a great card if you get the sound issues resolved.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Hauppuage card does have audio input jacks. But however for cable shouldn't the audio come from the coax jack???? I thought that delivered both video and audio just like the old aerial antenna?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah the sound definitely comes through the coax. I wonder if it is an issue with the PureVideo and my onboard sound care. The onboard sound definitely isn't part of the approved list for the Nvidia Purevideo plug in. But also the sound works with everything else so i would have a hard time thinking it woudl be that. Anyone else? I'm goign to do a fresh install and just install PowerDVD and use that encoder and see what happens. Anyone have any ideas about this?
    Quote Quote