VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have this exact same problem. its listed as .mov but its really a .mpg, and i cant convert it to a mpg to put back onto a VCD. ack!
    Quote Quote  
  2. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-07-04 15:39:38, Burpethead wrote:
    I have this exact same problem. its listed as .mov but its really a .mpg, and i cant convert it to a mpg to put back onto a VCD. ack!
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>
    I wonder if using a program like File Buddy and changing file type would do the trick? this has worked for me with some files that wouldn't play because somehow they ended up having the wrong file type extentions after downloading and decoding. Schwinn
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hey there,
    I think you are a little out of luck. I would use media cleaner inorder to clean up the file, but most people don't have that program. It's the only Video editing program I've found for the mac that offers some mpg support.
    In the Future you will want to use the Save As command under the the File menu as that will copy the file exactly as it was on the disc, be sure to check the the ,make self contained box, exporting will alter the file. I'm sure you know that trying to drag the dat file off the vcd causes problems with the finder. I've found that the save as feature works perfectly.

The only other thing is did you try running a mpg -mpg with vcd gear?

Good luck.
    Cybertooths
    Quote Quote