VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Will the Toshiba SD-P1850 play DVD+Rs bitset to DVD-ROM? I'm asking because the specs say it does DVD-Video and DVD-R, but no DVD+R.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try it and see. With the prices of media today, spend the 50 cents to find out . . .

Good Luck!

TTWC
    "I've got a present for ya!" - TTWC
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TaoTeWingChun
    Try it and see. With the prices of media today, spend the 50 cents to find out . . .

Good Luck!

TTWC
    Actually, I'm asking because I was thinking of buying one for someone else, so I don't have one to try it out on.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What about burning a DVD+R btset to DVD-ROM and taking it to the store and trying it out in a demo unit to see? That would work before having to purchase one first, right?

Let us know how you make out.

Cheers!

TTWC
    "I've got a present for ya!" - TTWC
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TaoTeWingChun
    What about burning a DVD+R btset to DVD-ROM and taking it to the store and trying it out in a demo unit to see? That would work before having to purchase one first, right?

Let us know how you make out.

Cheers!

TTWC
    Sure, but the thing is I'm disabled and can't really do that. I thought I'd ask someone here and maybe get lucky. Only other option is to ask someone to try it for me. It'll be a while before I can find someone with some extra time.

In the mean time, if anyone finds out post an answer. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  6. You can buy the same player at costco ina combo pack with 2 headphones, auto battery plug and carry case for $159. They renumbred it SD-KP19SN and if you go to Toshiba web site the model that comes up is SD-P1850 for this. I have only played dvd's so can't answer your question but it's a good player. I have had 3 Mintek which haven lasted 2 days but this has worked for 3 months perfectly.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow, that sounds like a pretty good deal compared to what I payed.

BTW, I went ahead and bought the player. We tried DVD+R and DL +Rs set to -ROM and they played fine.
    Quote Quote