VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some old VHS tapes of some gymnastics guides and they look terrible. I captured first in mpeg and that looked aweful. I decided to capture in the panasonic dv codec so I can do some more extensive filtering and noise removal but I need some help. I know how to use avisynth and virtual dub if that helps. I even have a very very short clip here if you want a sample of that I'm trying to restore.

backhandspring.avi
    Multimedia Design student getting an AAS in Springfield, Oregon. I like Gymnastics and DVD authoring. I think the two go nicely together.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FYI the link doesn't work.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    since you know how to use vdub - capture with it in uncompressed avi or using codec of your choice, whats your problem? Once you have it on your hdd you'll clean it up and do any other enhancements easily.
    check out the guides section - i think smurf have made some capture guide for noobs, or he had some good tips on his website iirc
    edit:
    I meant user with nick *LordSmurf* ofcoz
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you can capture them in DV format, it may be a good choice. I've used that before for extensive editing.
    You said you need help. With what specifically? Your screen shot doesn't work.

There are a lot of VD filters. Look to http://neuron2.net/ for them

Give us some more info.
    Quote Quote