VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    would like to know the possible causes of Missing Packets/Stream Errors when recording a channel. Mainly on the hardware side.

I'm using Dvbviewer. I always do my records with the video/audio disabled, saving CPU usage. Anyway, I would like to know if CPU could be a reason. Because it's common to have a CPU usage of 100% (when playing a game, for example), and even so, not getting a single stream errors during a record.

So, how I could know if reason of a stream errors I get on my records is my PC or just broadcast problem ?

The stream error that I'm talking about it is, for example, recording 3 hours of something and get five seconds of error here, ten seconds there.

I would like to know if it's possible to avoid this.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It could be due to a multitude of factors, and perhaps more than one condition is causing them. Wish I could be more specific, but you'll have to find that needle in the haystack on your own
    Quote Quote  
  3. You'll have to provide more info, like what satellite you're viewing, what your computer specs are, whether you're using a demo/full software, etc.
    Quote Quote