VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Ebay, sucks or rocks?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Ebay alright with me unless you have a problem with a Con Artist, then they suck....
    Quote Quote  
  2. I believe, and of course I could be wrong, that a debit card has not the same protections for the consumer as a true credit card. It is something I read somewhere.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Marvingj: I have seen some of the ads that users here have asked questions about. Some of them are very deceptive and misleading. Some of the sellers there have mastered the art of making fools gold sound better that real gold. You really need to examine very closely and offer to determine the real truth.

On other forums/message boards I've seen messages from people that bought Dishentwork equipment on ebay that was supposed to be working and free of PPV charges. Dish will not activate as a general rule unless you pay the PPV as I understand it although a few lucky people managed to get it waived. Some of the equipment doesn't work, possibly a pirate getting his money back from a ECMd or defective IRD, or has maxed out PPVs that need to be paid.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Not to mention gray market goods that have no USA warranty.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you don't ask questions of the seller and purchase without a full understanding, it can be a bad place to be. There are criminals wanting to make a quick buck for something they can't use and know is worthless. You can report these people easily though. It takes time but you can get your money back.

As for security of Debit vs credit card, They both have security features over each other. They both have advantages over each other. They are not the same thing. The only thing is they both can be used at a lot of similar places.

To say Credit cards have more security than Debit cards is a very broad statement, and depending on what you're talking about, it could be VERY true, or profusely false.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you want total security you really shouldn't be reading this. You should shut down your internet connection, turn off your electricity, do not allow anyone to bill you for anything(phone, cable, etc.), pay cash for everything you purchase, never apply for credit, and most importantly move your residence into an undisclosed location deep in the woods someplace. I'd recommend having a large cache of firepower and secure your perimeter with them.

For those of us who live in the real world we accept that once you give your name to someone else and they provide you with a bill for goods or services your security is lost right then and there. Your name is entered into a database and any individual with ill intentions can gain access to this database. It may be an employee, it may be a hacker, it might even be your next door neighbor with the beautifully manicured lawn which he bought using your credit information.

I'm not saying it's wrong to be cautious, but if you believe that the internet or Ebay is the only place scam artists hang out you obviously need to get out more often.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ROF
    If you want total security you really shouldn't be reading this. You should shut down your internet connection, turn off your electricity, do not allow anyone to bill you for anything(phone, cable, etc.), pay cash for everything you purchase, never apply for credit, and most importantly move your residence into an undisclosed location deep in the woods someplace. I'd recommend having a large cache of firepower and secure your perimeter with them.
    Sounds like you've met some of the NRA extremists too.
    Quote Quote