VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, hopefully someone can help out with this. I have several AC3 files (5.1) for different audio tracks for a project I'm working on. I need to do a simple fade out for the end (about a minute or so) of the tracks (as I've made a cut to the video), and one of the other AC3s needs to have some silence removed at the front end, and a small trim to remove something in the middle of the track. Can anyone recommend a workflow to accomplish this? I've got temporary access to Maven3D Pro (which oddly wasn't able to convert more than the first minute or so of the AC3 to Wave format...) and was planning to use that to compose each audio and compress back to AC3.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Besweet can convert ac3 to 6 mono wavs for editing.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hey, back for more Maven has proven to be a bust for me, and my time with that machine is up. Maven just flatly refused to output anything more than the first 1h22min of the project, despite premixing, and playing fine in the editing window. BeSweet seems to have created the 6 mono wavs nicely though. Soooo, does anyone have suggestions for how to do the fade-out and to compose the 6 files back into a 5.1 AC3 file again? I suppose I could edit the files separatly in something like GoldWave, but then I'm still stuck with 6 separate wavs, which BeSweet (to my knowlege, admittedly limited) can't compose into a single file. Any one have thoughts, or preffered method/packages to share? Thanks again, guys!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try ffmpeggui. I haven't used it myself but it says it can encode to ac3. Its free so its worth a look.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for the suggestion, but it looks like FFmpeggui can't handle multiple input files...the search goes on!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Nuendo has capability to edit AC3 file, but the software is costly and you have to have AC3 plug-in which is added cost.

Also Nero 7 has some feature to edit AC3 file but I am not sure how good it is as I have not tried
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm still stuck with 6 separate wavs, which BeSweet (to my knowlege, admittedly limited) can't compose into a single file.
    wrong, try MUX-List option f.e. with belight
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't see a MUX-List option in Besweet. Can you explain further?
    Will
    Quote Quote  
  9. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I believe daphy is referring to Belight for the MUX-List option. Belight is another GUI for Besweet.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't see it in BeLight. I don't see it in BeSweetGUI either, but maybe I have to have multiple audio files input in order for that option to appear.
    Will
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    this has primary nothing to do with belight: see FAQ #31

but itīs much easier with belight
    Quote Quote