VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just purchased the #AVP-100 combo detailer/color correcter and I've figured out how to use everything on it except for the button labeled DNR (Digital Noise Reduction). All of the sliders (Luminance, Color, Hue, H. Sharp, Detail, VNX) make an impact upon the video and the split screen function seems to work properly as well, but I can't see the DNR doing anything at all to the video stream, is anybody aware of what this button does and what it can be used for, and it's effectiveness?

BTW I'm very impressed by the quality of the unit, despite it's age it outperforms the Sima SCC-2 I have, the range of adjustments is much greater then on the Sima.

Thanks!
    Robbie
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I believe the DNR on the AVP-100 is actually for the audio, not the video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have one of these and the DNR is for the AUDIO and I've found that it does a nice job cleaning up videotape "hiss" from tapes not in Hi-Fi Stereo.

If the videotape is commercial and in Hi-Fi Stereo no need for the audio DNR. If the videotape was recorded Hi-Fi Stereo from a clean source you don't need it but if the source didn't sound that great then it might help a bit.

Fact was this was a BIG "selling" point to me since no other device like this includes audio DNR.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh wow! I had no idea. I will try it out and see if it reaps any benefit.
    Quote Quote