VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everybody,

I have an old black and white concert, that i want to colorize, it's 2 hours long, and i've got 10 minuts of it that are in color. The rest is in black and white, I'm searching for any software that could colorize part of the black and white film (I supose that i dont need any hardware), having as referrence the color film and then automatically color part of the show, I assume that its impossible to color all of it, so I would need info of any software that could colorize frame by frame or something faster .

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Let's see, 2 hours of video at say, 25fps=180,000 frames. This may take you awhile. But you can take out the individual frames, put them into a program like Photoshop and hand color each one.

There are programs that can do it more automatically, but generally for big $$$.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but it could be a monumental and expensive project.

And esthetically, you are changing the way the video was originally presented.

All in all, I would just leave it the way it is.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    only for info, wich programs can do it more automatic, im really interested on this, but im not going to go frame by frame inventing colors.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. This plugin for avisynth might come out handy(I haven't tried it):
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=93990&highlight=ColorIt
    Quote Quote