Hi, i'm trying to use CloneDVDmobile 1.0.5.2 to convert a movie into PSP MP4 format (tried using other formats with the same result).

I'm tring to create the store the output on HD first, then manually copy to PSP later.

However, when i proceed to the conversion, an error pop up immediately with the following message:

"the pipe has been closed, can't write the output drive"

it's weird because i have plenty of space available.

then i tried copy & paste the exact commandline it tries to execute, and then open a DOS window to execute. CloneDVDmobile is simply calling a DOS application in its app directory, called ffmpeg.exe.

when i execute the command in the DOS window, i get the following error:

"memory allocation error. cygwin conflict"

What i think is happening here is that when ffmpeg.exe experience an error, CloneDVDmobile just display a generic error message that the pipe is closed.

so has anyone experienced this and have a solution? the app aborts before any conversion is done.

i did a search on cygwin in my system, i did find some older cygwin drivers used by other conversion programs...they are all named cygwin1.dll.
however, the other programs are not in the path and are not running/loaded, so i don't think they would cause any conflicts at all.

can anyone help me pleezzee!!!
p.s. the movie i'm converting is already decrypted.

thanks in advance.