VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm backing up my movie call MARS with dvd shrink and there's a message appear "Failed to read file “D:\”. Data error (cyclic redundancy check).*".......... I use VobBlank and an error message appear "Error Reading Data at "xxxxxxx" too early".....

I take a look at my disc, it's has many scratches on it, but able to see in dvd player without a problem. Any ideas how to back it up now?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Eroor reading data is due to scratches on the discs as you pointed out.

Does the DVD play fine nevertheless on your PC. If so, try ISOBuster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks you guys.... for helping.... The ISOBuster which I already use that, but isn't working.....

Yep it work Mats.hogberg....... Thanks for the DVDFAB Decrypter..... The movie now is backup....

I really appreciate ya help...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Be aware tho, that an ureadable part of a DVD is generally unreadable no matter what application you use. It's just that some apps handles these situation with more grace than others. I wonder what DVDFab Decrypter use to fill in the bits & pieces that can't be read?

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Arcoss can also produce CRC errors in software not prepared for it. Software that is Arcoss aware (like DVD Fab Decrypter) probably does fill the gaps with crap, but as it was crap to begin with, and not played or seen by the player, it doesn't matter. They just don't make a fuss about it because they recognise it to be a deliberate error, as opposed to fingerprints or scratches.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I clean my disc before backing it up.... Beside I watched the whole movie and it looks great. No Stops nor does it has errors!
    Quote Quote  
  7. What i'd like to know is there a program that can extract the data before the scratch, and everything after... totally removing the bad area and not beat around the bush with it? That would be a good tool for a coder to make.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Decrypter, DVD Fab Decrypter and ISOBuster can all be set to ignore the errors, so they just skip over them. Some do it slower than others, of cause. However if you choose to do this, you will get corrupted audio and video in the places where the data is missing. This may show up as a small glitch, or may stop playback.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    However if you choose to do this, you will get corrupted audio and video in the places where the data is missing. This may show up as a small glitch, or may stop playback.
    Right but i'm trying to edit some camcorder footage for a friend here. If there's a section where the audio/video is glitched then it's not a problem cause we'd like to get everything else safely off the disc and dont mind missing a little bit.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Then set it to ignore the errors, and then use a good mpeg editor to cut out the corrupted sections.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote