VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just purchased an adaptec avc-1200. The box says VideOh! CD. I am having a problem burning a VCD. I captured my movie on the only quality available into sonic my dvd software. I saved it and tryed to burn a VCD. I am using a Samsung CD-R/CD-RW SW-252S drive. I put in a Memorex CD-R (The disk says 52x recording speed and 700MB) and attemped to burn a copy. It didnt work and when i put it into my GE DVD player (about 4 years old). I dont think my DVD player was just reading it wrong because Power DVD showed the same thing. It was a green background and my sound was bumpy. The pictures on top of the screen were all weird looking. I even tryed burning it onto a Office Depot CD-RW. Still the same thing happoned. I have tryed burining at a variety of different speeds, but no different. I even tryed to get support from My DVD and it said invalid serial number. (you can tell I will buy from Sonic in the future) By the way, I am using XP SP2 if that would make a difference.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    . I am sorry. I am new to Videohelp. I thought this was the VCD support forum. I need help, obviously, with My DVD software. Please excuse my error.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    AFAIK, "MyDVD" doesn't make VCD's, it makes DVD's. And since you are putting them onto CD media, you are making a bastard hybrid known as "cDVD" or "DVDonCD" or "miniDVD". This is often a cause of difficulty in players, particularly most settops.

What to do:

1. Read up on the "what is" and the "guides".
    2. If you want to make DVD's, make sure you have DVD encoding/authoring/burning software, DVD recordable media and a DVD burner. If you want to make VCD's, make sure you have VCD encoding/authoring/burning software, CD recordable media and a CD burner. Don't get the 2 mixed up.
    3. USE BETTER MEDIA!
    4. Try the (freeware/shareware) tools recommended here for the appropriate project. Less hassles that way. ("VideOhCD" doesn't even come in on the radar AFA being a decent authoring solution).
    5. Don't post and post again 3 minutes later...

Scott
    Quote Quote