VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I am buying a Zen Vision. I bought Divx Pro and encode all my videos using the Insane Quailty setting. I use mp3 audio. I am doing them at 320x240

The quailty and size are incredible. Will they work on the Zen Vision? It only says Divx 5.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Divx6 can be decodec by Divx5. It even uses the same fourcc code. So the player should have no problems as long as you don't exceed the players capabilities (too high a bitrate).

But using "Insane Quality" is a huge waste of time. Going higher than "Better" gets you almost no increase in quality in VBR or CBR modes, or no smaller files in CQ mode. Even "Balanced" is hardly any worse quality and 3 times faster than "Better", and 5 times faster than "Insane".
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I leave it over night so time isnt an issue. So they will work on the Zen Vision?
    Jagabo, please do not reply to this post. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Anakin
    I leave it over night so time isnt an issue. So they will work on the Zen Vision?
    Dude did you bother reading this at all?
    Originally Posted by Jagabo
    Divx6 can be decodec by Divx5. It even uses the same fourcc code. So the player should have no problems as long as you don't exceed the players capabilities (too high a bitrate).
    Plus the new Zen Vision M is better. more support for video files i have been pondering wether to buy the zen vision m instead of an ipod since it also plays wmv9 even protected wmv9 and wma but albeit it doesnt play h264 or flac or aac so i may just stick with the iPOD when the new widescreen one comes out. I;m personally glad I'm taking so long to loose some weight (parents and I madre a deal) now ill be able to have a widescreen ipod ;D or wether to buy a huge as memory stick or hard drive for the psp. since ive been looking into psp and it looks like they will be adding even more audio and video file support.
    Do. Or, Do Not. There Is No Try. -Jedi Master Yoda
    Quote Quote  
  5. I own a Zen Vision M and Had a 5G Ipod Video which I sold, I love the Zen, the screen is just so much more vibrant. And I like that the majority of the time I can DL the file off the net and drop it on without converting. Sound Quality is also much nicer, my same MP's sound alot fuller. It's an all around nice player.
    Quote Quote