VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    A question for all Datavideo TBC-1000 users: Does your unit get really hot, although not too hot to touch, when powered on? I just bought a used one on ebay and am surprised at the heat generated around the power input. Coincidentally, the two s-video outputs closest to the power input do not work. This makes me wonder if the high heat is abnormal. Thanks for your input.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    maybe you got a refurbished one with a lower power power supply ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I used an ADS Instant DVD 2.0 for a while that got very hot and was known for getting very hot.

The ADS Instant DVD 2.0 is an external USB 2.0 capture device. The size of the device is probably not all that much different from your DataVideo TBC-1000

My solution to the heat was to craft "make-shift" legs so that I could raise the unit above the table surface by about 3 inches. I then put a very small fan on it ... the fan was maybe 4 or 5 inches across.

That solved the heat problem.

Maybe you can try the same.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    that's a good idea..make some airflow space around the unit then use a small fan to constantly draw the hot air away from it...it doesn't take much and it will stay cooler.
    Quote Quote