VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I noticed this in the manual:

When you use DGVfapi to frame serve, the video is always converted to RGB. This option specifies how the colorspace conversion to RGB is to be performed.

* PC scale - Map output RGB to full range: YUV [16, 235(Y)/240(UV)] -> RGB [0, 255]
    * TV scale - Map output RGB to clipped range: YUV [16, 235(Y)/240(UV)] -> RGB [16, 235]

This option affects conversion to RGB, which occurs in only two places in DGMPGDec: 1) in the display window of DGIndex, and 2) the video served by DGVfapi. Generally, unless you have a good reason to clip the RGB, you should select the PC scale option.

I'm a bit confused, how do I know if I'm using dgvfapi?
    Quote Quote  
  2. There are two different ways to frameserve from DGIndex.

1. AviSynth frameserver (DGDecode.dll) - default colorspace is YV12 but can do YUY2 and RGB
    2. VFAPI frameserver (DGVfapi.vfp) - TMPGEnc native frameserving format, always RGB
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    but pc scale is selected in dgindex not avisynth. sorry, this is all new to me. so as long as I use dgdecode in avisynth, there will be no rgb conversion even if pc scale is selected in dgindex?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by DGDecodeManual.html
    LumaYV12() Table of Contents

LumaYV12(clip, integer "lumoff", float "lumgain")

This function is unrelated to DGIndex's Luminance Filter.
    The transformation is: Y = (y * lumgain) + lumoff

LumaYV12() outputs a 0->255 YUV range, and not a CCIR-601 16->235 range. Use the Avisynth built-in filter ColorYUV() instead if you need to enforce a 16->235 range. The functionality of LumaYV12() can be achieved using ColorYUV(), which has more features, but LumaYV12() is optimized for speed in performing basic luma adjustment.

lumoff: -255 to 255 (default: 0)

Luminosity Offset.
    Adjust the luma of all pixels by a fixed amount.

lumgain: 0.0 to 2.0 (default: 1.0)

Luminosity Gain.
    Adjust the luma of all pixels by a proportional amount
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I dont want to convert btw. just making sure im not.
    Quote Quote  
  6. so as long as I use dgdecode in avisynth, there will be no rgb conversion even if pc scale is selected in dgindex?

That's correct.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks
    Quote Quote