VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How can i do burn/remake ts files to dvd-DL without increase the resolution??

I tested HDTV2DVD 0.4... but the resolution converted to 576x480..

I have a dvd player that can play up to 1080p and projector that view 1080i.....

OR do i have to play in my HTPC?

Thanks
    Fredrik - Sweden
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    if you have a dvd player with the em8620 chipset you can just burn the ts on the dvd. or convert to one mpeg with hdtvtompeg

if you have a dvd player that only upsamples the video you must convert to dvd.

but I would just play on my HTPC, use for example HDTV Pump and Zoom Player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Video specification only supports MAX:

720 X 480 resolution for NTSC

720 X 576 resolution for PAL

You cant go higher than these. Otherwise, you're looking at a different format.
    Quote Quote  
  4. What Baldrick said. Only other option would be a DiVX 6 compliant player. Convert to HD-DiVX and play that way.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    okay..
    i have NEUNEO HVD-2085.. i don´t know chipset?

Thanks for all info..
    If i compressing to HD-Divx... resolution?
    Fredrik - Sweden
    Quote Quote  
  6. Except for the few Chinese HVD titles out, it doesn't play Hi-Def. It upconverts. You'll have to make regular 720x480/576 DVDs to play them on your player. It doesn't seem to play AVI either, standard or hi-def. Didn't you research this before buying it? There's lots of information available on it.

It has an Amlogic chipset, and not the Sigma Designs EM8620 chipset Baldrick mentioned, the only one so far capable of playing Hi-Def files. So, play your files from the HTPC and hope it's powerful enough to play them smoothly.
    Quote Quote