VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some MP4 files I dowloaded and I want to make them MPEG4 to put them on my PMP.Is their a freeware program that will alow me to do this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't get it. mp4 is MPEG-4. You mean you want MPEG-4/mp3 in an avi container or something?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some quick time files that I want to put on my Portable media player.They are video podcast off I tunes.Isn't MP4 what apple ues and my player says it plays MPEG4 flies.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    mp4 is a standard. Apple use it (although their trailers are all use mov as a container), Nero use it, doesn't make it either of theirs. It is an open standard.

With DVD, etc. players they often use MPEG4 to refer to DivX/XviD/mp3/AC3 avi files. Strickly speaking it isn't MPEG-4. The only thing that is MPEG-4 is the video and I guess mp3 since it is allowed under MPEG-4 specs. Using avi as a container and AC3 are not though.

I'd suggest that you check exactly what your player supports.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It supports Divx so how do I get it to that format?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can use Super, set output to avi, set the output codec to divx. Set the resolution, it depends on the portable player, usually around 320x240. Set audio codec like mp3. Encode.

edit: what container does the portable player support? just divx doesn't say much. what is the portable player?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you have the Creative Zen Vision, or Vision:M? If is i had the same problem.
    Quote Quote