VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a whole slew of wmv files I need to convert to a format that can be played on both P2P and Ipod. I'd prefer to convert to just one format as opposed to two to conserve server space. Is this possible?

Thanks!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the difference between the format P2P accepts and Ipod accepts? From my reading, it seems that the Mpeg4 format the Ipod accepts needs additional processing to be accepted by P2P player - yeah?
    Quote Quote  
  2. How about SUPER, that might be what you require.

https://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=SUPER_1
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    no, super 1 (clickable link...)

moving you to our new portable forum.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Guest
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    no, super 1 (clickable link...)

moving you to our new portable forum.
    No, I cannot convert to one format that is accepted in PSP and Ipod or no, use this link?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Guest
    I replied as a quote and it came up Baldrick - Member

The above post is mine....
    Quote Quote  
  6. wasn't signed in at the time... let's try this.... the above two posts are mine.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    oops...forgot to set permissions for this forum.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Baldrick
    oops...forgot to set permissions for this forum.
    No, I cannot convert to one format that is accepted in PSP and Ipod?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I don't think so because the accepted resolutions, bitrate etc are likely to differ between the two devices. There may be a common accepted profile but it would likely be a compromise.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Well, I was hoping one file would cover both bases but if I've got to convert to two seperate formats, that's what I've got to do... just wanted to make sure before I put double the load on the server...

I'm going to use use Videora iPod Converter to convert wmv files to a format compatible with the iPod player and pspVideo9 to convert wmv files to a format compatible with p2p player.... yeah?

Does anyone know a better way?

Thanks!!!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    might want to check out here: http://www.pqdvd.com/index.html

Maybe email the folks -- as far as I can tell from their site, video for psp is 1 of the formats listed for ipod. They make an ipod version that's more flexible it looks like, but doesn't look like it has the same ability to load psp?
    Quote Quote