VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Baldrick,

I hope you will see my post and give me your "Opinion".

From the following 3 "Freewares"
    - 3 GP Converter
    - Super1
    - Videora iPod Converter

which one YOU like the best ... please Grade according to the following criterias
    1) Most Stable
    2) Easy to use
    3) More Flexible (can take different types of input) ... Criteria 3 least important to me.

Thanks,

G!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, I am new at this, I don't even know if this is the right place to post this but I just bought an Ipod, and I have no idea on what is a good program to use to convert video onto my Ipod. I am using MediaMonkey for mp3's and it works pretty good, can anyone else tell me of a better program to use or anything?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    eddie 100,
    There are about 100 ways to do what you want, SUPER, 3GP Converter, Videora iPod Converter etc, are free and relatively easy but don't give the best quality unless you really want to take the time to learn the ins and outs of them. In my opinion Nero Recode has the best Ease of Use/Quality Output ratio, but it isn't free, Jesterware DVD to iPod Converter is also quite good and supports the latest resolution sizes for H.264 Video. MeGUI is free but complicated for beginners, well worth the learning curve though.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    WOW, you seem to be full of wisdom and looks like you know what you are doing. Definately I wanna learn how to use the best program(s) out there. You seem to be the man
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can record DVD from PSP?? and then extract to my pc?

http://www.iplobster.com
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm working on a program called Movie Library ++, you can get it from the following link http://www.mandeldev.co.uk/EN/downloads.html, which will convert DVDs (.VOB) to iPod and many other format, two main profiles available for iPod are an mpeg4 profile and AVC (h.264) profile, AVC for newer iPods (5G and newer) and will give better quality at lower bitrates. I try to spend quite a bit of time analysing the profiles i create to get the best out of them so they do work really well. On the AVC profile you also have the option to hardencode subtitles so you don't miss the forced subtitles you get on some DVDs (for foreign languages Kill Bill Japanese parts, alien languages in Star Wars for example). There are tutorials available from the link i gave above and i will try to publish some tutorials on videohelp.com too.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Moyea video converter is not bad. :P
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    PSP Video 9 does work well, I haven't used it for quite a while though. I have added some nice little profiles for PSP encoding to mpeg4 and AVC for PSP and iPod. For the AVC profile I have also added a function to encode subtitles on the video, thats all in the new version of Movie Library ++ (3.2.1) that i described earlier. The quality you get from the AVC profiles is pretty awesome you can check it out.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You can try SPAM

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    / Moderator mats.hogberg
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ideal dvd to iPod converter is easy to use.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am a newbie and I'm trying to convert a .mov file from a Luminix camera, to an ipod file. (the mov file is only 45 seconds long) I've tried both Super and Videorama. I get an error from each of these. Am I missing something? Is there another program I can use for this? My ipod is an Itouch.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by krbowers
    I am a newbie and I'm trying to convert a .mov file from a Luminix camera, to an ipod file. (the mov file is only 45 seconds long) I've tried both Super and Videorama. I get an error from each of these. Am I missing something? Is there another program I can use for this? My ipod is an Itouch.
    Try qt pro or total video converter
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been fooling around with Handbrake recently, trying to find the appropriate x264 options for PSP compatible AVC movies at resolutions of 480x272. I have succeeded, but need some help.

Unfortunately, the framerate is always messed up. Could you tell me how to set the converter on CFR (Constant Framerate) with a maximum of 3 decimal placed (ie. 23.976, 25.001; not 23.976043, 29.98757, etc.)?

Or, after the encode, do a "Convert Framerate" to get it down to 3 decimal places. (like in VirtualDub Mod) without a reencode. Preferably through a CLI program.

BY THE WAY, my only reason for asking about CFR is that, I think, VFR (Handbrake default) is the thing that makes you end up with a framerate of more than 3 decimal places.

Really, really, really would appreciate this.

Here are the parameters:
    level=30:bframes=3:cabac=1:ref=1:vbv-maxrate=1500:vbv-bufsize=10000:analyse=all:me=diaubme=2:no-fast-pskip=1
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    By the way, for those interested in a program geared toward automatically encodes and rips of DVDs, I have written PSP Converter

The following is a copy of my post to pspslimhacks.com (http://pspslimhacks.com/forum/index.php/topic,4479.0.html):

UPDATE: Unknown to me was that I had inadvertently deleted a folder used in the DVD (720x480) profile. So it has been broken since v1.02. I am fixing it as we speak and will have retested everything, not just things I was having problems with, for v1.05

Update: Now receiving feature requests for version 1.05!

Well, it's finally here! Please write back or e-mail me (kg6zvp@gmail.com) and tell me what you think of it and give some feedback.

PSP Converter (v1.04) Features:

>Auto Gordian Knot Style DVD-Ripping (Drag and Drop first VOB of a Title)
    >No longer a need to select Aspect Ratio (4:3, 16:9, etc.) Simply select NTSC or PAL and it will automatically figure out the rest!
    >For DVD-Rips, select the display aspect ratio of the title (PSP Converter will automatically crop it and resize without damaging the aspect ratio)

Download Here:
    http://rghost.ru/users/kg6zvp/releases/-converter-v1-04

My sincere apologies! I am afraid I might have been somewhat careless with this last release when compared with previous ones. With v1.02, for instance, I tested it over a period of months on many different PSPs and different input file types before posting it. 1.03 was still well tested, but I believe that v1.04 had not been fully tested! Again, my apologies. I shall endeavor to be more careful in the future.

If you wish to skip reading the below paragraph and have not installed the prerequisite programs, go here and download it all in one handy .zip file with batch installer:
    http://rghost.ru/users/kg6zvp/releases/-converter-v1-03/files/51380

Also please note that you must have Avisynth (v2.5 or higher) installed, DVD43 (Any version that works on your computer) and any codecs required to decompress the video you intend on converting. With this version, as well as v1.03, a video file cannot be converted unless it is playable in Windows Media Player and Avisynth is installed. DVD43 is optional due to the fact that it is only necessary if you plan on ripping a DVD without first decrypting it!

Addendum #1: The lowest PSP firmware version this program was tested on was 3.71. It does not mean that it will not work with older firmwares, but just to give you a heads-up.

Addendum #2: When I made the zip file, I accidently deleted a folder which contained the programs necessary for 720x480 encodes.

Addendum #3: The ZIP file is 7-Zip format. Download 7-zip (freeware) to unzip it.

Addendum #4: If anybody wants to ask a question or is having trouble with this program, e-mail me at:
    KG6ZVP@gmail.com
    Quote Quote