VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread
  1. Hello!

    When using ffmpegX to author a DVD from an mpeg and an .srt file, as I;ve frequently done in the past, I now get the followin g error message in the Progress Info window:

    INFO: Locale=C
    INFO: Converting filenames to US-ASCII
    INFO: Detected subtitle file format: subviewer
    INFO: Opened iconv descriptor. *UTF-8* *ISO-8859-1*
    INFO: Read 749 subtitles
    INFO: Adjusted 21 subtitle(s).
    ERR: New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong.
    Please supply the text font file (Arial.ttf).
    WARN: subtitle font: load_sub_face failed.
    STAT: 0:01:20.140

    The font is definitely there, in both my system library's font folder and my user library's font folder. There's no indication it's corrupted. Could there be a permissions problem? This never happened before I migrated old files from an old to a new machine.

    Any advice on how to fix this? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Search Comp PM
    I had this error some time ago with an older version. It worked under the admin account I used to install ffmpegX, but it didn't work for a different, non-admin account, because some program parts had been installed into the admin home folder. Search for hidden folders there (starting with a .) that are not on the normal users's home folder. Also search for the arial.ttf with a program like FileBuddy when logged in as admin. That's how I found out about the hidden folders.

    In the latest version however, it seems these folders are gone, so maybe a fresh install will solve the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by BeardFan
    In the latest version however, it seems these folders are gone, so maybe a fresh install will solve the problem.
    I did, and it did. I had tried a fresh install previously, and it still didn't work, but then I remembered the support files in Application Support/ffmpegX, removed those, and reinstalled everything again, aand now it works fine. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads