VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello!

When using ffmpegX to author a DVD from an mpeg and an .srt file, as I;ve frequently done in the past, I now get the followin g error message in the Progress Info window:

INFO: Locale=C
    INFO: Converting filenames to US-ASCII
    INFO: Detected subtitle file format: subviewer
    INFO: Opened iconv descriptor. *UTF-8* *ISO-8859-1*
    INFO: Read 749 subtitles
    INFO: Adjusted 21 subtitle(s).
    ERR: New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong.
    Please supply the text font file (Arial.ttf).
    WARN: subtitle font: load_sub_face failed.
    STAT: 0:01:20.140

The font is definitely there, in both my system library's font folder and my user library's font folder. There's no indication it's corrupted. Could there be a permissions problem? This never happened before I migrated old files from an old to a new machine.

Any advice on how to fix this? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had this error some time ago with an older version. It worked under the admin account I used to install ffmpegX, but it didn't work for a different, non-admin account, because some program parts had been installed into the admin home folder. Search for hidden folders there (starting with a .) that are not on the normal users's home folder. Also search for the arial.ttf with a program like FileBuddy when logged in as admin. That's how I found out about the hidden folders.

In the latest version however, it seems these folders are gone, so maybe a fresh install will solve the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by BeardFan
    In the latest version however, it seems these folders are gone, so maybe a fresh install will solve the problem.
    I did, and it did. I had tried a fresh install previously, and it still didn't work, but then I remembered the support files in Application Support/ffmpegX, removed those, and reinstalled everything again, aand now it works fine. Thanks!
    Quote Quote