VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey all,

First off ffmpegx doesn't include support for the relatively obscure .ogm format which is totally understandable. I was able to find an ogm demuxer online, but it wasn't easy. Anyway, so now I've got:
    1. one XviD .avi file
    2. two vorbis .ogg files
    3. one subtitle .srt file

My goal is to convert the movie, subtitle, and 1 audio track to mpeg-2, then author all my mpeg-2's to a dvd.

I seem to be encountering a problem where when i select my avi file as the main file, then try to "Add Audio..." and select my ogg vorbis track, nothing shows up. Same thing with trying to add a .wav file.

Now here's the really strange part, if I manually type in the path to my .ogg file in that add audio field, it will give me the following info message, but won't actually add/convert any audio.

Mac OSX static build for ffmpegX
    Input #0, avi, from '/Volumes/160goodness/Rippage/TV Shows/Hellsing/Hellsing - order 02 - club m.ogm-v1.avi':
    Duration: 00:22:33.3, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 580 kb/s
    Stream #0.0, 23.98 fps: Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 576x432
    Input #1, ogg, from '/Volumes/160goodness/Rippage/TV Shows/Hellsing/Hellsing - order 02 - club m.ogm-a1.ogg':
    Duration: 00:22:33.3, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 122 kb/s
    Stream #1.0: Audio: vorbis, 48000 Hz, stereo, 144 kb/s
    Output #0, rawvideo, to '/Volumes/160goodness/Rippage/TV Shows/Hellsing/Hellsing - order 02 - club m.ogm-v1.avi.ff.mpv':
    Stream #0.0, nan fps: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x480, q=2-20, 3000 kb/s

as you can see it clearly knows that Input #1 is set to my audio file, but in the output part no audio is actually added.

The plain and simple of it is that I'm trying to find the quickest way to convert my .ogm files to a collective authored dvd.

Suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Encode the ogm file to mp3 using ffmpegX or whatever program you like and mux it together using the tools tab.. Then re-encode the file to DVD, and re-encode the srt file using 'Subtitler' to a DVD compatible format and you should be all set.. You can also re-encode the sub file in the avi video stream first, but that should result in some quality loss.
    Quote Quote