VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hello i am new to this i ripped my first dvd ali g aiii. its approx 1hour 40 and 4.07 gig in size when i finshed all the stages it ended up 1.9gig which is still far to big what do i do to compress or how do i rip and encode it during the stages below to get it smaller i used vcd galaxy combo pack this consists of 3 stages to do the whole process but there was very little info
    can anyone please help with settings for each step so i end up with a 650 - 700mb vcd
    1/rip files to computor using dvd decrypter
    2/ create project & dolby surround using dvd2avi
    3/ encode to final vcd or super vcd using flask
    thanx Dean
    Quote Quote  
  2. Well start by trying some the other guides in the "How To" section to your left...but 1 hour 40 min worth on video into 1 700MB CDR/RW is going to be a poor VCD IMO, even if you lower the audio to 128...you video bitrate will have to be ~950, which may be unwatchable to some, I know it would be to me...I would suggest spanning across 2 disks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kdiddy on 2001-12-29 14:01:50 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  3. i agree 2 discs would be great .can u give me a guide of what your settings would be and how to cut it up after alls done the guide i used i beleive was sefys classical on the 3 stages in my previous post
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks very helpful shall try agian
    Quote Quote  
  5. Dino don't leave yet. There is a new template for TMPGenc. It's called CVCD. Some spanish person came up with it. It enables you to fit a lot more video on a cd. You can head over to Conversion and Click on the Topic with about 6 pages of replies.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Please please dont waste ya time with that crap
    Quote Quote  
  7. if you're gonna lower the bitrate that much to fit 1 hr 40 min movie on 2 discs..make sure to use 2 pass vbr for highest quality.
    Quote Quote