VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I need to convert movies to play on a PSP, the problem is the PSP in question only play region 2 movies....

As I understand it Region 2 is PAL...so do I convert the movies to PAL then UMD?

How exactly can I acomplish this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Region 2 is PAL and NTSC because it also encompasses Japan, however that is beside the point. Region and Format are two different things. Format describes video properties for a given video standard. Region defines an arbitrary and competition restricting practice enforced by an overpowerful movie industry.

Search the tools section for PSP conversion tools. There are a growing number and they will solve your problems.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AFAIK, the only region restrictions on the PSP at the moment, are on the UMD movies - you can only play UMD movie discs from your region. Movies you play from anything else (a Memory Stick, or even one of those hard drives I've seen now and then) have no such restrictions.

You'll have to convert them, first, to the format the PSP wants (I don't remember the specifics; I just feed the videos to a converter like SUPER, with the proper presets, and then send it where I want it. )

Of course, a couple of the restrictions here would be:
    -- Whether or not you can read Region 2 DVDs in your drives. ^_^
    -- How much space is on your Memory Stick (etc.) - the PSP only comes with a 32MB Stick, and chances are, you're going to wind up with something much bigger than that.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Ai Haibara
    AFAIK, the only region restrictions on the PSP at the moment, are on the UMD movies - you can only play UMD movie discs from your region. Movies you play from anything else (a Memory Stick, or even one of those hard drives I've seen now and then) have no such restrictions.

You'll have to convert them, first, to the format the PSP wants (I don't remember the specifics; I just feed the videos to a converter like SUPER, with the proper presets, and then send it where I want it. )

Of course, a couple of the restrictions here would be:
    -- Whether or not you can read Region 2 DVDs in your drives. ^_^
    -- How much space is on your Memory Stick (etc.) - the PSP only comes with a 32MB Stick, and chances are, you're going to wind up with something much bigger than that.
    So are you saying that I don't really need to convert to PAL or region 2?

Just convert the movie to a PSP format, put it on a memory stick and we are good to go?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What is it really going to cost you to try for yourself ? Just encode a few minutes and see if it plays.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!