VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

New member appreciating your hard work. Thanks for this website.

Do any hardware manufacturer personnel (employees, middle management, board of directors) visit or post message to VideoHelp forums?

Is there any evidence that they read the feature, compatibility comment list at https://www.videohelp.com/dvdrecorders.php?

How about the Fatal Flaws List?
    https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=263168&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=zenith

Reason for asking - it would seem that a manufacturer who has been identified on the fatal flaws list, or providing chronic defects, would be most anxious to post a rebuttal with his plan for remedial action. Reading over "some" reports of serious problems, the industry seems to be conspicuously absent (or reluctant to post a rebuttal).

So, in my ongoing search for a DVR Recorder, I have totally ruled out several of my favorite companies. The recorder I'm leaning toward buying carries good comments in the forum and in the feature, compatibility comment list, but terrible comments in the fatal flaws list. The manufacture's engineer should be right in the middle to explain what his company is going to do about the problem.

Your login guest list is enormous. Don't the manufacturers' leadership realize this? Members of this website are, in effect, doing the beta testing work that manufacturers should have done long before releasing their products.

Thanks for allowing me to post this.
    Adonsa
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Usually when small companies come here, they spam their crap. Probably about half of them.

Most of the site sponsors and advertisers are on the up and up, not spammers.

Larger manufacturers are paying attention. LSI Logic, LiteOn, Taiyo Yuden, Ritek, JVC, ATI, Canopus ... they do visit. I've had sales reps and techs/engineers from these places contact me via PM or e-mail in the past. Usually it was to share info on new tech, or to suggest some more fixes for various problems.

In regards to the FATAL FLAWS list, I'll actually take a big steaming crap on LiteOn. They used to have their own forum, and they killed it. It was full of people testing their hardware and reporting flaws and even homemade fixes.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote