VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a few .avi divX films that are just slightly too long to fit on a CD-R, even with overburning software (Firestarter).
    I was wondering if ffmpegX is able to cut a tiny bit off the end or beginning of such files..? Or should I use QT Pro with a divX plugin? But I thought I heard on this forum that divX QT plugins dont work in Tiger yet...
    Any advice please?
    Thanks

bllx

Actually VLC reports the video codec as "DX50" ...is that a divX flavour...?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bllx
    I have a few .avi divX films that are just slightly too long to fit on a CD-R.
    Some put several avi movies on a DVD, which makes 718 MB files trivial.

I was wondering if ffmpegX is able to cut a tiny bit off the end or beginning of such files..? Or should I use QT Pro with a divX plugin? But I thought I heard on this forum that divX QT plugins dont work in Tiger yet...
    I'd give Explicit or Mpeg Streamclip a try.

Actually VLC reports the video codec as "DX50" ...is that a divX flavour...?
    Yeah, that fourcc identifier was introduced with DivX 5.0.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Use VirtualDubMod with both audio and video in Direct Stream Copy mode. Use the mark-in and mark-out markers to mark what you want to keep. Save AVI.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks a lot for the suggestions.
    Explicit seems very clear and simple, nice easy way of splittiing .avis.
    Thanks again,

bllx
    Quote Quote