VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!
    I have a 90 min movie in mpeg and i want to burn it to vcd.
    Now i wondering how i can make the 90 min movie to fit on a 80 min cdr?
    I need a answer really fast.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    What's the size of your movie? It shouldn't exceed 700Mb. If it didn't you can then make it a VCD if the formats are correct
    ~~~ Noone can succeed only by himself ~~~
    Quote Quote  
  3. If the movie is a (S)VCD it can be up to 800 MB on an 80 min CD.
    Quote Quote  
  4. u need to be more concerned with the video size than the video lenghth....whatz the file size of the video??

and kwantum is right...if u wanna put a vcd or svcd compliant video on a 80min cd u got 800mb not 700mb to work with....but remember the video has to be vcd or svcd standard or u wont get the whole 800mb to work wit but only 700mb.

if the video size is greater than 800mb and u definately want it on one cd u gonna have to reencode with a lower vid bit rate to make the file smaller but at 90 mins your video bit rate is gonna be small which is gonna give a low quality as a result
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are a lot of factors on how many minutes you can burn on 1 CD, it all depends on what format of VCD you are making, and the most important of all is the bit rates.

DGreater1 may be mistaken, you can put 800 mb on a 700 mb CDR if you are making mode-2 CD's, which is what VCD is.

rull_bull, take a look at your 90 min movie and see how big the file is, if it is under 800 mb then it is fine, if over then you will need to cut it.

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks alot! I didn't know that, ^_^ My brain learned something again. ^_~ Nyahahaha

That solve my other problem.

Goodbye, Sayonara, Palaalam.
    ~~~ Noone can succeed only by himself ~~~
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanx!
    the movie is under 800 mb so i just burned it non standard vcd and it works great on my philips 622 DVD player.

Quote Quote