VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    or seperate .srt file for that matter... Whatever I do, the subs allways turn out with the standard settings ffmpegX gives with it... Arial font size 1, which is too small.. And it's allso slightly transparent, which doesn't bother me, but since they're are so small it makes them only harder to read.. Obviousyl I tried tweaking the settings in ffmpegX but it doesn't change the outcome one bit..

My procedure:
    Dropping the mkv or avi file, I just keep the standard preset settings... mencoder xvid etc... I check the vob sub box in the filter tab... I select the srt file when using an avi and I change the position... Now that does work, but when changing the font, or the font size, nothing changes at all... It just stays the same... I even tried to use an .IFO file from a DVD rip, but that doesn't change a thing either... I'm kind of desperate...

note: I'm positive this isn't the way the implemented subs look... I checked that.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this is a problem with the mencoder build. The last build that worked was the one that came with 9s in the ffmpegXbinaries230105 . Download it and put it in /Library/Application Support/ffmpegX/ (save the other version before). Now selecting size and font will work, but you won't be able to convert to h264. If you need that, just exchange the two versions of mencoder again.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Aaah! Thanks a bunch! That should fix it I guess.. Lets check it out...

Trying it at the moment, even thought the preview doesn't show the difference... Is that normal? And another thing, the audio screwed atm... Only sound from the right... As in, not left ^^
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried what you said.. Downloaded the earlier version of mencoder, put it in the folders, rebooted my machine, but it still isn't working! Any idea how come? It's really starting to annoy me... You're sure the link you gave was for the older release?
    Quote Quote