VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ave,

I installed the latest stable binaries of the reallib package in my /Library/Application Support/ffmpegx and opened a .rm file in ffmpegx to convert it to avi. This is what i'm getting:

Help!

Mickey
    I don't suffer from Chronic Insanity & Psychosomatic Multiple Personality Disorder!
    I enjoy every moment of it!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Check if ffmpegX is in /Applications and not another folder, check if your hard disk does not have any spaces or accented or special characters in the name.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by major
    Check if ffmpegX is in /Applications and not another folder, check if your hard disk does not have any spaces or accented or special characters in the name.
    Ave,

I do have FFMPEGX in another folder, not the applications folder. Will it work if i just copy the FFMPEGX application in the /Applications folder or do i need to re-install it in the /Applications folder?

Also, the name of my hard disk is "Macintosh HD" ... the default name. It has a space in it!

Mickey
    I don't suffer from Chronic Insanity & Psychosomatic Multiple Personality Disorder!
    Quote Quote  
  4. So just move the application in /Applications, and rename your disk to "Macintosh_HD". If it still does not work, redownload the application and copy it again in /Applications (no need to reinstall binaries, just copy the application).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by major
    So just move the application in /Applications, and rename your disk to "Macintosh_HD". If it still does not work, redownload the application and copy it again in /Applications (no need to reinstall binaries, just copy the application).
    Ave,

Redownloaded FFMPEGX and copied it to /Applications folder.
    Renamed Hard Disk to "Macintosh_HD".
    Loaded the real media file in FFMPEGX, still the same result. Exactly like the screenshot above.

Just wanted to confirm. The latest stable release that i download for the reallib package, the reallib folder contains 47 files. Is that correct?

Mickey.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes. Which is the path of your source file?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by major
    Yes. Which is the path of your source file?
    Ave,

You mean the .ram file i'm trying to encode?
    That file is located in /Library/Toast/Encode/IN_BS.ram

Mickey
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    .ram normally being metafiles, with no a/v, I'd be surprised if you could encode like this. I would think you'd need the ra/rm/rmvb file that the ram file points to. Try opening the ram file in a text editor to read the true location of the RealMedia data.

I would keep /Library/ free of files you create/play/modify, as it is essentially for Mac OS and applications. Could be harmless, but it seems like a bad idea to keep personal files there.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Case
    .ram normally being metafiles, with no a/v, I'd be surprised if you could encode like this. I would think you'd need the ra/rm/rmvb file that the ram file points to. Try opening the ram file in a text editor to read the true location of the RealMedia data.

I would keep /Library/ free of files you create/play/modify, as it is essentially for Mac OS and applications. Could be harmless, but it seems like a bad idea to keep personal files there.
    Ave,

I know what you're saying abou the .ram files, but this one is actually a 24 MB file and it plays perfectly fine in Real Player. I don' think it's streaming media from any location. I did open it in a text editor and as expected, only found tons of Gibberish.

I agree, not a good idea to keep personal files in /Library ... but it's not the cause of this particular problem.

Still looking for solution.

Thanks,
    Mickey
    Quote Quote  
  10. ffmpegX can both open .ram metafiles and .rm video files. However, if your file is a video file, then it must be named .rm and not .ram, or ffmpegX will think it is a metafile and will use random video data as a pointer to the actual file.
    Quote Quote