VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Used Mr. Wizard's hack for my new LiteOn 5005. Everything went well, showed successful, and I have 3 Hr speed (didn't have it before).

But, when I went to try to backup a videotape I'd purchased to DVD, I get the error "copy protected content" and it doesn't record.

It's got to be the MacroVision preventing this... I thought the hack would get rid of MV.

Anyone have success with any hack on the 5005 to get rid of MV and have successfully backed up a VHS movie to DVD? Please let me know what you did differently.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Buy a godvd ct-2 about $60us on ebay thay work it cracks mv.

MV hack did not work for australia liton 5005

but godvd ct-2 work good.
    Bulldog57
    Quote Quote  
  3. Got it to work without any extra hardware. Had to "downgrade" the latest 0101 FW to 0098 (the predecessor). Applied the hack, and now it copies MV stuff fine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    cool glad you got in workin
    Bulldog57
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have had good results transfering VHS to DVD with my new 5005. Now ready to solve the MV block.

Liteon site gave me the latest firmware for my SN, LNFA1101.ESO, that I hacked with ILOHack1.5. Ran the restore on the 5005 and confirmed that the 3 hour fix was in and that the all regions were available.

But like you (Rob61), I could not burn MV protected material. So I did try to downgrade to 1098 with no success. Just showed FILE and reverted back to the previous firmware.

Has anyone else had any luck hacking and running LNFA1101.ESO? Or, getting a downgrade to a hackable firmware version to work on a 5005. My unit was mfg Oct 2005 with SN 0102-1140-0101-G2BD (100-010B). Would appreciate any help.
    lookout4
    since 2/06
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102
    This is the place to be looking for this. Lurk for a while, then search. There are already a few threads on this exact situation.
    Sorry I can't help more but I don't own this model.
    A good divorce beats a bad marriage.
    Now I have two anniversaries I celebrate!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes, I was able to "downgrade" to 0098 and now have the MV hack. Here is what you need to do:

1) you already have the 101 so get the 0098 version
    2) install 0098 unhacked
    3) install a hacked 0098
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Rob61. I tried to install nohack 098 without success. Just the FILE indication and back to orginal FW. I had already hacked 098 to be ready to install but it did not find or fix LP(3hr). But that
    didn't really matter since the nohack 098 wouldn't go. Still scratching my head.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Are you sure you've got the proper country version? Make sure the version you have is for the right country.

I used NERO to burn, not that that should make a difference. But I had 101, and put the disk in, and it recognized it and loaded 098. Then I put the disk in with 098 Hacked, and that worked too. Maybe you have different hardware in yours?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I cannot verify that I have the correct 098 unhacked f/w. Can you direct me to right place, Rob61? Thanks
    lookout4
    since 2/06
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by lookout4
    I cannot verify that I have the correct 098 unhacked f/w. Can you direct me to right place, Rob61? Thanks
    Go to my site. There is a link to many LiteOn firmware versions. You do not need to install the UNhacked file before the hacked one. Just do a system restore/reset before doing the update. This usually helps in getting it started. You may have to try a few times before it works. Also, try placing the update disc in the recorder and turning it off. Turn it back on with the disc in. Sometimes that will get it going. They can be very finicky.
    Guitarman
    ILO DVDR04/HD04 Firmware Download Page

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hello Guitarman & Rob61...

I'm a bit confused as to the version needed. I just got the last lvw-5005 from my local Costco; manf date july 2005;

I've got a bunch of files from various sources but some don't seem to show 0098 as part of the file name so I'm not sure if I have the correct one.

Guitarman, your site has a UK 0098 file but no US/Canada 0098 file; or is all I need is the hacked 1098 file?

If I don't have the correct 0098 file needed, can you point me in the right direction or email me a file.

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Guys,

Facing same issues as posted here, I recently bought a modified DVD recorder, the Liteon 5005x, with a built-in copy protection remover. I'm very happy with the purchase. Records premium channels or any DVD/VHS. The same company provides also a copy protection remover device (The Videographer) that does the same but installed externally. Amazing products...
    LINK DELETED

Ocean
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a new lvw-5005 and tried the Mr. Wizard MV hack on the 1101 firmware with NO success. Downloaded GUITARMAN's US hacked version 1098 and worked perfectly. I can now copy MV protected VHS tapes with NO problem!

THANKS GUITARMAN AND MR. WIZARD!
    Quote Quote