WHAT IS THE DVD HACKS LIST?
The VideoHelp.com DVD HACKS list is a database of firmware updates, remote controls hack, and other hacks. These hacks can be used to expand the out-of-the-box abilities of your DVD player or DVD recorder. Hacks can accomplish any number of things, such as making the player region-free or allowing the use of formats like VCD, SVCD or DIVX. Hacks enabling you to ignore Macrovision anti-copy (which can prevent you from using a VCR between the DVD player and TV set), are not allowed.
WHERE IS THE DVD HACKS LIST?
Look on the main menu of the site, on the left of your screen. It's in the LISTS section. Or click https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
WHY IS MY PLAYER NOT LISTED or WHY DOES MY PLAYER NOT HAVE ANY HACKS?
Not all players are going to have hacks. Hacking is not magic. In fact, almost all hacks are simply enabling "test" features already found on the unit. It's not so much that you're "adding" anything, but merely unlocking options already built into the machines. Some are hidden in special menus, some require hitting a certain combination of buttons on the remote. Others require a firmware update, maybe even a hardware adjustment to the unit or remote.
HOW CAN I ADD TO THE DVD HACKS LIST?
Go to the player or recorder, and click the ADD HACK link. This area is only for adding hack information. It is not for asking question, leaving reviews, advertising merchandise, or "chiming in" (me too! works for me! etc).
WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED ON THE DVD HACKS LISTS a.k.a.
WHY WAS MY ADDITION TO THE DVD HACKS LIST DELETED?
- If you posted a macrovision hack. This is not allowed
- If your comments are jibberish, or not in English, they are subject to being deleted. The English requirement really depends on the player and its removal will be subject to a decision by the list moderator.
- If your comment is a question, it will be removed. The list is NOT A FORUM and questions are not allowed. Post in the DVD player forum if you have questions.
- If your comments advertise a product, they are subject to being deleted. If a piece of hardware is needed, and tends to only be sold, then simply leave a comment to "search google" or "check ebay" and then give some details on the product needed (not the store!).
- If your comments do nothing but copy what somebody else already added (for example, the countless hacks in the LiteOn pages, where everybody says 2-9-6-0), they are subject to being deleted.
- If your comments are merely you "chiming in", then they are subject to being deleted. If a hack is posted, we do not need 75 people saying "worked for me!". Usually the first 1-2 "worked for me!" type comments are left, for assurances that the hack is valid, but subsequent ones are removed.
- If your comments refer to a dead link, the post may be removed.
HOW CAN I ADD FIRMWARE FILES TO THE DVD HACKS LIST?
You cannot. Create a new post in the forum, and attach the file, if it is under 2MB. Add a comment to the list, which links to the new forum post. You can also place it on a number of websites (such as your own) or free file services. Posts that link to torrent sites (such as the large Pioneer ISO images) will be deleted if they become invalid or seedless.
WHAT IF A HACK DOES NOT WORK?
Remember that hacks are not guaranteed to work. They may even fry your machine, giving you a nice new boat anchor. Generally, if a hack was added, it worked for somebody. Do not run up and add a comment that says "THIS HACK DOES NOT WORK". It will be deleted. If you would like to add helpful comments, then state what your tried, how many times you tried it, and then feel free to state that it did not work "FOR YOU". You may even consider making this a post in the forum, asking for help or verification that the method fails, as you more than likely did something wrong (went too fast, went too slow, burned the disc wrong, skipped a step, etc).
Results 1 to 1 of 1