VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there

I have PowerDVD installed on my Win98SE system and I was checking a video stored on my HDD by opening a media file etc.

File played fine. Shut down system and the next time I opened PowerDVD and tried to watch a DVD a gui popped up saying "Access denied" Error 80070005.

I've Googled the error and haven't had any luck. Checked FAQ's on the Cyberlink site as well.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Indeed.

This is definitely related to the warez version floating around the net circulating by CyPy or Dang2Bytes warez groups. If you own a genuine copy you can contact cyberlink by calling them at any of the numbers listed in the link. Be prepared to have your valid serial # and place and date of purchase.

http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/points_of_contacts.jsp#Australia
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [quote="ROF"]Indeed.

This is definitely related to the warez version floating around the net

Hi there
    Sorry to disagree but I have genuine Cyberlink PowerDVD install CD that came with my drive or my motherboard, I can't remember but it's for version 5. Definitely not warez or downloaded from some other source.
    I have a valid serial number on the install disc envelope.
    Does anyone have any further ideas?

Cheers

EDIT: I un-installed it and re-installed and the error has gone but I would like to try and find out what caused it in the first place.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by epoxpro
    I un-installed it and re-installed and the error has gone but I would like to try and find out what caused it in the first place.
    Well ... you could lose sleep worrying about what caused it in the first place, or you could move on, accept that it's working now due to the fix to 90% of all computer problems (reboot or reinstall), and sleep well at night

I know which option I'd choose
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know which option I'd choose [/quote]

Hi there

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's
    Quote Quote