VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    how do you play .m2v files on windows media player? everytime I play a .m2v file it opens up real media player(which I hate so much!) can someone please tell me step-by-step on how to make the file play in windows media player without downloading another different player
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can always just open media player first and hit file/open and then point it to your m2v files.

But the best way is to change the file association so that these files always open in media player. Right click on any m2v file and go to
    open with." Depending on the os you might have to hold the shift key while right clicking to open this option. Now select "choose program" option. Find Windows media player in the list (if its not there select browse and point it to the file) and enable the "always use the selected program to open this kind of file" option. Hit Ok and from now on double clicking on an m2v file will cause it to be played by Windows Media player.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you, it worked great!
    Quote Quote