VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 34
Thread
  1. Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lafemmex
    Hello,

    I downloaded the Limewire software only to
    find that i can't "download" the songs. i can request
    them (meaning i'm hooked up to the network), i just
    can't pull them onto my hard drive.

    as you may or may not know, its impossible to get help
    from the gnutella people. i looked under their FAQs
    and figured maybe my firewall is too high. so i
    followed their instructions about allowing gnutella
    in, but it still doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your
    help!

    Melissa
    Boy are you getting off easy; They normally put you before a firing squad for questions like that

  2. Originally Posted by james636
    Boy are you getting off easy; They normally put you before a firing squad for questions like that
    P2P software has legitimate uses. For example, I use BitTorrent to download Linux distros - I can limit the download speed, as I share my connection with three other people. I'd do it directly, but the last time I tried it I woke up beside a horse's head.

  3. Member isogonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @localhost
    Search Comp PM
    there are files that are in the "public domain" and of course thats what we all download and share!!

  4. Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cobra
    Originally Posted by james636
    Boy are you getting off easy; They normally put you before a firing squad for questions like that
    P2P software has legitimate uses. For example, I use BitTorrent to download Linux distros - I can limit the download speed, as I share my connection with three other people. I'd do it directly, but the last time I tried it I woke up beside a horse's head.
    That didn't stop me from being sentenced

  5. I can't find any warnings issued to you. If you'd like to discuss it further, feel free to contact me and we can talk.

    Back to the subject at hand.

  6. Boy are you getting off easy; They normally put you before a firing squad for questions like that
    Discussing P2P for legitimate purposes has never been an issue at VH. Who are "They" that you refer too?

    there are files that are in the "public domain" and of course thats what we all download and share!!
    Of course not. But what many do in their private lives is no concern of ours, unless you involve videohelp.com, in which case it becomes an issue if it is against Baldrick's Rules.

  7. Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    @ offline and Cobra

    https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=257516&highlight=text

    Not evryone think as you two do? What I mean is you two don't immediately jump to the wrong assumption

  8. Member waheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Search Comp PM
    TMD-Moviez is a warez group alright. They provide pirated movies not released in any country over P2P.

  9. Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Search Comp PM
    TMD Movies are horribly recorded. Please tell me there aren't people that still watch this stuff? You may as well get an old radiation tube and sit 12 inches in front of it 23 hours a day. Your eyes will be just as sore and at least you'll get cancer to boot.

    I tried the movie download thing some years ago. From what I've heard and seen from others it's only gotten worse. If it's a darker movie you can forget about seeing anything and if it has audio be prepared to turn your set way up and increase the distortion in the process because the echo caused by hand held cams is really bad. The converted screeners are even worse. In those movies you are usually missing several scenes which once you see the actual movie as it was released you realize what you've missed.

    That being said P2P has plenty of legitimate uses. We use P2P at work to share files with other offices and clients outside our network. Rather than pay for some outrageous FTP bill and be limited to so many GB downloads we just use P2P and be done with it. Ever download a P2P file with a password lock? You may have downloaded someones work files. There is also the open source community files which are much easier to gather on P2P rather than 1000's of people trying to download from a central server or just a few mirror sites. With P2P millions of mirror sites are available and if one is down hundreds are available to replace it.

    I think in the next few years illegal P2P will be reigned in and the continuing legal P2P will grow larger and flourish. If you are still downloading TMD movies you can take comfort in knowing that the money you save on movie tickets will be spent soon enough on eye exams. Hmmm. . . Maybe lens crafters is TMD?

  10. Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Oh no, not again. Don't tell me you guys too. Did you guys even read after the TMD part

    The title of the thread was removing permenant text, (actually it should have been labeled embedded text). and there was a porn site, (I was really trying to keep from revealing that it was porn), that embedds a text at the bottom of their videos and I wanted to see if there was a way that I could get rid of before I converted them and burn to dvd-r. I only used tmd as an example because the text that is on the tmd videos is very similar to the text on the vids I was downloading (legally I might add).

    Again, I used tmd as an example because although you guys hate them so much, you oddly know so much about them :P therefore readers would have a good idea of what I was trying to remove.

    Man, you guys hear "TMD" and you get ballistic

    @Cobra............. Sorry

  11. James,

    You broke the rules by discussing a warez group and seemingly one of their movies, in the general subjects. That's advocating warez no matter what your intention was. If it even looks like warez it then involves videohelp.

    We don't want any anti piracy agency breathing down our neck or closing us down for vicarious involvement in illegal activities. We also want to support the video and film industry and their products, including software tools that are developed to assist us all.

    Innocence or guilt before the law is not the issue here, nor are your intentions. The rules are clear. They are all about protecting this site and obeying the personal wishes of its owner. Not much to ask for such an excellent and free resource.

    Understand?

    I've split this topic from the OP and made it into a new thread here - due to hijacking (mostly by me)

  12. Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by offline
    James,

    You broke the rules by discussing a warez group and one of their movies in the general subjects.

    Understand?
    Oh I did What was the name of the movie that I discussed

    Rules: Do NOT give warez. Did I?
    Do NOT link to warez. ? Did I?
    Do NOT ask for warez. Did I?
    Do NOT provide information how to obtain warez. Did I?
    Do NOT advocate warez. Did I?
    Advocate:1 : one that pleads the cause of another; specifically : one that pleads the cause of another before a tribunal or judicial court
    2 : one that defends or maintains a cause or proposal

    Not a rule, but needs to be one: Do not talk or mention TMD or warez period. That, I did do

    Originally Posted by offline
    James,

    You broke the rules by discussing a warez group
    I've split this topic from the OP and made it into a new thread here - due to hijacking (mostly by me)
    Hell I didn't even know they were a warez group

    Hell I really don't know much about warez, other than you guys (and others) Hate it with a passion.

    I understand that you would rather not deal with legal issues and all that stuff (believe me, I do) but to make statements like, "You broke the rules by discussing a warez group and one of their movies." You even stated that I converted a tmd movie. Now that is just flat out lying on someone because of the hatred toward another. Thats just wrong

    PS I told you.................Firing squad

  13. You know James, I'm begining to lose patience with you. Based on your OP I said nothing wrong. It was later that you claimed that you were using it as an example.

    The fact is I don't care. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it becomes a duck for the purposes of the rules. Your post looked like warez and that is sufficient for any mod to card you. Saying later that it was just an example, even if true, is a moot point.

  14. Serene Savage Shadowmistress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Controlled Chaos
    Search Comp PM
    james, I didn't catch the unedited version of this thread, but it sounds to me like you might be taking this a bit too personally - not your fault really, if I didn't know the history behind it I probably would too.

    The hostility you feel isn't directed towards you, but towards tmd themselves. The same way hostility arises when the RIAA is mentioned because of all the inconvenience they cause innocent people, it arises when tmd is mentioned because it attracts attention from the watchdogs that would love any excuse to shut a site like this down. After all, if you didn't know how to back up your movies then you'd have to go out and buy an extra copy which makes them more money.

    You want people to admit they're hypocrites but even if they are (not saying they are, just saying if) they can't do so without dragging this site down with them. Think about it, to say "yeah, I know what tmd is because I have downloaded their movies" while being a member here is just the fodder some jerk needs to make the arguement that videohelp helps pirates and shut us down. So there is a strict "don't ask, don't tell" policy around here. And when you tell.... you get flamed. It's the same as starting a politics or religion subject, people will flame you to shut you up to show you that the subject is unacceptable. (Even though it should be left up to the moderators, it's a form of 'group self moderation'.)

    But you've jumped the gun in thinking p2p software will get blasted the same way as tmd. Such software has legitimate uses so we'll give people the benefit of the doubt where we can. (Don't ask, don't tell.) Tmd on the other hand produces nothing legitimate and so therefore must get completely bashed when mentioned.

    It's absolutely nothing personal.

  15. Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    But you lied on me No matter how you try and use your mod title to say things that make me look bad, the fact of the matter is that you lied. You even went so far as to delete the part about you falsely accussing me of encoding a tmd movie.

    Thats wrong even if you are a mod

  16. Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Shadowmistress
    james, I didn't catch the unedited version of this thread, but it sounds to me like you might be taking this a bit too personally - not your fault really, if I didn't know the history behind it I probably would too.

    The hostility you feel isn't directed towards you, but towards tmd themselves. The same way hostility arises when the RIAA is mentioned because of all the inconvenience they cause innocent people, it arises when tmd is mentioned because it attracts attention from the watchdogs that would love any excuse to shut a site like this down. After all, if you didn't know how to back up your movies then you'd have to go out and buy an extra copy which makes them more money.

    You want people to admit they're hypocrites but even if they are (not saying they are, just saying if) they can't do so without dragging this site down with them. Think about it, to say "yeah, I know what tmd is because I have downloaded their movies" while being a member here is just the fodder some jerk needs to make the arguement that videohelp helps pirates and shut us down. So there is a strict "don't ask, don't tell" policy around here. And when you tell.... you get flamed. It's the same as starting a politics or religion subject, people will flame you to shut you up to show you that the subject is unacceptable. (Even though it should be left up to the moderators, it's a form of 'group self moderation'.)

    But you've jumped the gun in thinking p2p software will get blasted the same way as tmd. Such software has legitimate uses so we'll give people the benefit of the doubt where we can. (Don't ask, don't tell.) Tmd on the other hand produces nothing legitimate and so therefore must get completely bashed when mentioned.

    It's absolutely nothing personal.
    So basically, its alright to lie on someone as long as the lie deals with bashing tmd.

    And you are right, this thread has been edited. so you are not seeing the full thread; Trust me

  17. Serene Savage Shadowmistress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Controlled Chaos
    Search Comp PM
    Again, having missed the offending post I can only speak in general terms.

    How can you say it's "lying" more than it's "stating his logical deduction"?

    If I read someone asking to remove tmd text from their movie I'd think they downloaded warez too. Come on, you're smarter than that as you know we are too. Don't try to have your cake and eat it too.

    And the funny thing about all this is that if you had just not mentioned "tmd" at all and said a tv logo instead, you probably would have gotten a dozen really helpfull responses to your question instead.

  18. Ok James. If you continue to throw insults around you will see the firing squad you speak of. I suggest you calm down.

    Here is what you posted

    Originally Posted by james636
    Does anyone know if you can remove, erase, or mark over permanent text that shows on ever frame of an entire movie. Example: The "TMD-Moviez xxxxxxxxxxxx" text that is displayed on all of there movies?


    Link removed - by moderator
    Here is what I posted:

    Originally Posted by offline
    Sorry to disappoint. I know that group well. They are one of the older 0-day movie warez groups that specialized in releasing crappy pixilated 200 meg rip offs. They still exist too, running their own Rusky based server offering the same sh*t.

    You must think we are idiots You also must have been desperate to try and convert their rubbish. I might have left you alone to convert, remove the logo, and watch the result just for punishment
    The post was split due to the offtopic nature, not edited. Only by accident did the above post not get split with the rest.

  19. Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Shadowmistress
    Again, having missed the offending post I can only speak in general terms.

    How can you say it's "lying" more than it's "stating his logical deduction"?

    If I read someone asking to remove tmd text from their movie I'd think they downloaded warez too. Come on, you're smarter than that as you know we are too. Don't try to have your cake and eat it too.

    And the funny thing about all this is that if you had just not mentioned "tmd" at all and said a tv logo instead, you probably would have gotten a dozen really helpfull responses to your question instead.
    Dude, like I mentioned, I didn't even know they were a warez group. I'm not very familliar with what warez really is.

    And I did not say that I had a movie with tmd text. See, it is false statements like those that I have a problem with. It was porn clips that I was referring too. Hell I thought I was doing a good thing not mentioning porn. And you're correct about mentioning another show or something, but if I knew that tmd was warez, then I wouldn't have not mentioned them for the same reason I tried to not reveal that it was porn material that I was actually posting about

  20. Serene Savage Shadowmistress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Controlled Chaos
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by offline
    I might have left you alone to convert, remove the logo, and watch the result just for punishment
    All else aside, I think that's pretty funny.
    I'm familiar with tmd (I'm no hypocrite! :P ) and that probably would have been the perfect punishment.

  21. James, you broke the rules and were carded for it. Live with it and be more careful next time. Also refrain from making accusations please.

  22. Serene Savage Shadowmistress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Controlled Chaos
    Search Comp PM
    Two things: First, it's not "dude". (Look at my name more closely.)

    Second, you misled us then. You misled us by making us think it's tmd you're trying to remove instead of porn logos. One way or the other, the fault lies with you because you intended to mislead. Don't cry foul when you accomplish your task.

    And p.s., I don't know of any public domain porn out there that sports logos that need removing so I'd let the matter drop entirely if I were you.

  23. Member Faustus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Search Comp PM
    Well you knew you had an illegal file. If not then I question your ability to find said file little less want to reencode it to remove a watermark or something.

    That being said you knew you were posting about how to do something with said illegal file.

    You posted part of the file name, which showed it was an illegal file and talked about removing the text from it and files like it. If in fact you meant something else entire then you manage to summon up the magic words that caused you to get in trouble.

    This is a clear violation of the sites AUP.

    On the other hand asking a question about a problem with a piece of software tells me nothing about what is being done with it, thus even if I suspect that perhaps just maybe its being used for some nefarious reason I have no real proof.

    That is the difference here.
    That being said I'm gonna move this on over to feed back.

  24. Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by offline
    Ok James. If you continue to throw insults around you will see the firing squad you speak of. I suggest you calm down.

    Here is what you posted

    Originally Posted by james636
    Does anyone know if you can remove, erase, or mark over permanent text that shows on ever frame of an entire movie. Example: The "TMD-Moviez xxxxxxxxxxxx" text that is displayed on all of there movies?


    Link removed - by moderator
    Here is what I posted:

    Originally Posted by offline
    Sorry to disappoint. I know that group well. They are one of the older 0-day movie warez groups that specialized in releasing crappy pixilated 200 meg rip offs. They still exist too, running their own Rusky based server offering the same sh*t.

    You must think we are idiots You also must have been desperate to try and convert their rubbish. I might have left you alone to convert, remove the logo, and watch the result just for punishment
    The post was split due to the offtopic nature, not edited. Only by accident did the above post not get split with the rest.
    Dude, your post confirms the point I made. You said it yourself, "I know that group well" Thats the only reason I used tmd as an example. If you know them well, then you would know of the type of text that I was inquiring about; thats all!



    They were porn movies. I don't know how many times to say it.

    But you go ahead with your Firing Squad

  25. They were porn movies. I don't know how many times to say it.
    Even if I believed you, that does not matter. You broke the rules and were carded for it by another Moderator.

    But you go ahead with your Firing Squad
    Thanks, but according to my fishing licence, I should let the little ones go

  26. Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    @offline Being carded doesn't bother me. Lying on me does.

    @Faustus what illegal file did I have?

    @Shadowmistress Sorry about that dude part but bangbros movies have bangbros.com at the bottom of their movies along with other sites like them.

    I could send you a sample if you don't belive me

  27. Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by offline
    They were porn movies. I don't know how many times to say it.
    Even if I believed you, that does not matter. You broke the rules and were carded for it by another Moderator.

    But you go ahead with your Firing Squad
    Thanks, but according to my fishing licence, I should let the little ones go
    You don't have to believe me, just don't lie on me

  28. Member Faustus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by james636
    @Faustus what illegal file did I have?
    As it was posted your original post contained all the info needed to assume you had an illegal file.

    I'm not going to your house to root through you hard drive so thats all we have to go on. YOUR POST.

    It was a cardable offence. End of story.

  29. James, you are a classic. My brother had an Australian terrier that also would never let go.

    Being carded doesn't bother me. Lying on me does.
    Well if I had indeed got on top of you I think I would have recalled the experience.
    Anyway you must have been bothered about the carding to be so tenacious in the first place.

    If it's a good bangbros sample you can send it to me.

  30. Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Faustus
    Originally Posted by james636
    @Faustus what illegal file did I have?
    As it was posted your original post contained all the info needed to assume you had an illegal file.

    I'm not going to your house to root through you hard drive so thats all we have to go on. YOUR POST.

    It was a cardable offence. End of story.
    ASSUME You chose to believe I had an illigal file because you hate tmd. I have no control over that

    How about assuming that I had a legal file with text that I wanted to remove and I used tmd as an example because it very much resembled the text in question.

    But I'm sure that assumption sounds too much like right




Similar Threads