VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is going to sound a little strange... But how do you burn a VCD with no sound?

Reason: I download those test clips from KVCD and I want to try them on my old Pioneer DVD-525 (which plays everything I've thrown at it so far, but not these KVCD/KDVD yet) but after downloading them I realized these are video elementary streams, but VCDEasy keeps asking for System streams (i.e. both video and audio).

If it's not possible to make VCDEasy to accept a video-only MPEG, then I'll have to go off-topic and ask what's the quickest/easiest way to generate a "blank" WAV of the appropriate length so I can mux it with the video...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, you must have a system stream, and multiplexed as VCD at that. As audio, you need a mp2 stream, not wav. You can use Goldwave to create audio of any length, save as wav, encode t mp2 with toolame, multiplex with video using TMPGEnc. I'm sure there are easier ways, but...

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Sorry to wait so long, just checked this specific forum after long hiatus:

Yes, you need a system stream for VCDEasy, but you can fool it into taking a VIDEO only stream by doing this...

Run TMPGEnc. Use Multiplex tool. Load video stream, but NO audio stream. Save as Non-standard VCD MPEG1 System stream.

VCD loads the file and compiles to VCD fine. Just checked it!

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Like I said, there was an easier way! Boy, does it feel good to be right all the time!

/Mats
    Quote Quote