VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Testbed
    uname -a:
    Linux woody 2.6.12-10-k7-smp #1 SMP Fri Nov 18 13:05:01 UTC 2005 i686 GNU/Linux
    Using Nvidia's latest drivers.

Scenario 1.
    Using "Breezy" wine, winelib, using only 'wine' for setup.
    -unzip the 3 dll's from your dll.zip, same problem exists.
    Install dvdshrink 3.2 with riched20=n
    Run dvdsrhink
    -works fine out of box, but preview remains black, even if 'playing'.
    -set preferences to use 'builtin s/w renderer', preview pane looks the same, but I get a black box overlayed in top left corner of my monitor. It has no window decorations so it can't be moved/closed/etc.
    -tried running as win98, win2k and win nt 4.0, no change.
    -running with riched20=n on cli makes no difference.

Scenario 2.
    Same as #1, but use winesetuptk.
    When I run dvdshrink, the preview pain is simply greyed out. The play and stop buttons on disabled.

Scenario 3.
    Add winehg/sourceforge to sources.list.
    Upgrade wine.
    Use only 'wine' for setup.
    Install the 3 dll's, and install dvdshrink with riched20=n.
    -I get full a console full of this lines when the preview should start:
    fixme:dsoundSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=1788 < primary_done=3688)
    -Switching to the built in software renderer in preferences, then trying preview, locks the applicaiton, and the console conintuously prints:
    err:dsoundSOUND_MixOne underrun on sound buffer 0x7fe42e40
    err:dsoundSOUND_MixOne underrun on sound buffer 0x7fe0e920
    -Try using sound emulation, instead of h/w accell, and only diff is the console prints now say:
    err:quartzSoundRender_CreateSoundBuffer Cannot create Direct Sound object
    err:quartzSoundRender_Sample Unable to create DSound buffer
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7d4b9dcc "?" wait timed out in thread 0009, blocked by 000a, retrying (60 sec)
    -Try without dll.zip, same results.

Scenerio 4.
    apt-get winetools from sourceforge sources. Go through the winetools 'basic wine install', but installing only fonts, and, (included) dvdshrink3.2. I let dvdshrink launch at the end of the install, and it works! Do not go through any more of the install, but instead relaunch dvdshrink manually. It locks up with the DSOUND errorrs! Now this is weird, almost as finicky as windows itself!

So the problem is likely some magical setting in wine. I backed up the *.reg files while dvdshrink was working, and them diffed them when it wasn't working, and diff said there were 0 differences. Maybe an env var? This is getting over my head.

Any help would be good, I am going to attemp an apt-src install later this week.

~S
    Quote Quote  
  2. PS - I should probably take this to the WINE list, but thought I would check here first. I notice MrBass hangs out here, and he seems to know quite a bit about this.

~S
    Quote Quote  
  3. building from apt-source does not help, either. I may try a from scratch build of CVS. Yay!
    ~S
    Quote Quote  
  4. Not sure if you may have sorted this by now, but in a day or so I will be installing Shrink with Wine on a Linux Distro I am developing

So will post back my findings
    Quote Quote  
  5. Installing Shrink was a piece of cake, worked straight after install, only tweak i had to do was Edit > Preferences > Preview Tab > DirectX video renderer and change it to Built in Software renderer and previews fine.

What version of Wine are you using?
    maybe is a codec problem
    Quote Quote