VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've got one of my favorite animes in raw form, with an extra subtitles file. I've gotten the AVI file, dragged it into ffmpegx, selected DVD (the non-mpegenc preset), selected my srt subtitle file, hit convert, let it do its work over night, and when I attempted to open it using apple's DVD Player. It worked flawlessly. So, I burn it using Toast, wait a few moments, take the DVD and stick it in my TV's DVD player, and much to my satisfaction, the DVD plays, with selectable subtitles.

The happy story ends there, and the annoyances begin. Shortly into the movie (about 5 seconds), I notice a little stagger in the video. The audio plays perfectly, there's no problem with subtitles, but the video kind of pauses every few moments for but a moment at a time. While this only slightly hinders the performance, it truly distracts me from my viewing pleasure.

How oh how do I fix this pesky problem, and unify my DVD for playback on DVD players without this irritating stagger?

If there's no way to do this using FFMpegX, I would settle for a different program, though it's been so good to me in the past.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Possibly you changed the framerate, like going from NTSC FILM to NTSC?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Nope, apparently that wasn't the case. I've combined the subtitles with the video, and now I've got an AVI file, which was a framerate at NTSC Film, converted to DVD with a framerate at NTSC Film, and well, nothing's fixed.

Sigh, what do I do?
    Quote Quote