VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My problem is that with two backups (out of roughly 70 I've made) I get a skip midway through the movie. The disk plays fine until a certian point then there is a slight skip, just long enough to miss a word or two. It happens in the exact same spot every time, but the funny thing is it only occurs when I play the movie straight through from the beginning. If I fast forward to the spot in question or skip chapters up to the point, the skip does not occur. Futhermore, if I rewind the movie just after the skip takes place, it doesn't skip again.

The two movies are Fight Club and Harold and Kumar Go To Whitecastle. With Harold and Kumar I got a friends original disk and was able to back it up and play it without a problem. With FC I have copied my disk twice and the skip exists in the same spot.

I have tried playing all the disks on my computer and there is no skip. What I don't understand is that if it is a compatiblity issue with my player or a problem with burning/ripping, why doesn't it happen with all my backups?

My burner is a BenQ DW1640 with up to date firmware, my stand alone player is a Sony DVP NS575P, Sony DVD-R single layer media at 8x is the only media I've used. I have DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink and used the exact same procedure for all my backups.

So do you think this is a player, burner, media, software problem? A fluke? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated and if other info is needed let me know. Also if this would be better in another forum please move it.

Thank You
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    based on the number of responses i'll just assume everyone here is as dumbfounded as me.
    Quote Quote