VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Hello
    I got a Baby Einstein DVD from someone on Ebay. When I put it in my DVD player hooked to my TV, all I get is a flashing green screen, yet it plays fine in the DVD player on my computer. Why is this happening? Can I do anything to fix it?

I have an inexpensive APEX DVD player bought in the last 7 years and it hooked directly to my TV through an SCable
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    check disk format ... PAL or NTSC ? .... also region code
    Quote Quote  
  3. How do I check format? And it is Region 1 US/Canada
    Quote Quote  
  4. just rip it,and keep the original safe.
    sounds like the macrovision to me,its not connected to anything else is it?
    or are the settings ok.
    LifeStudies 1.01 - The Angle Of The Dangle Is Indirectly Proportionate To The Heat Of The Beat,Provided The Mass Of The Ass Is Constant.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I don't have software to copy movies anymore (I had DVD Xcopy but I had to install it several times in the past w/computer problems and after so many it stops you from ever being able to install it again).

I don't know what you mean by macrovision and my dvd player is hooked directly to my tv with an scable.

This is not a copy, this is an original Baby Einstein DVD I bought from someone used on Ebay that lives in the same country as me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVDDecrypter to Rip (Free) & DVDShrink to get it on a DVD-5 (Free).
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks, but what is a DVD-5?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I have Roxio easy cd and dvd creator 6. Will that allow me to burn back up copies of movies onto another dvd?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TraGreg
    Thanks, but what is a DVD-5?
    A single layer dvd ... or dvdr
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do I check format? And it is Region 1 US/Canada
    Are you sure its a region 1 (it will be ntsc if it is a region 1 and should play on your player)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Oh good greif. I feel like I'm a kindergardener talking to a College graduate lol. I'm sorry, I don't know all this language. Just a stay at home Mom here. I originally just wanted to know what the problem could be with my son's Baby Einstein video....which I still need to know. But you've peaked my interest in being able to copy movies again. I would like the ability to copy a dvd movie to blank dvd to have a copy of it. Does that dvd encryptor software allow me to do that? I don't know what single layer and all that is, just want to be able to copy a dvd movie to blank dvd. Thanks for your patience with me.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Her auction said it's region 1 (USA Canada)
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    go to the tools section of this site and search dvddecrypter and dvdshrink ... use these 2 simple programs (both are free) to make backup copies of your discs ... there are some guides on here as to how to use each program (don't panic its really very simple) ... look in the guides section
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Her auction said it's region 1 (USA Canada)
    look on the back of the dvd case ... it will say region code and eirther ntsc or pal
    Quote Quote  
  15. It's in my son's room and he's sleeping I'll be able to get it in about 20-30 minutes when he gets up. Please don't leave me, I really appreciate your help. Check back if you can in about 20 minutes for my results of checking the DVD. I would think it is region 1 if she specifically put that in her auction and said it plays perfectly.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    check this when you get the disk What is the full title of this dvd ... is it just baby einstein or is there more to the title (as there are numerous dvds in the baby einstein series)
    Quote Quote  
  17. I had this happen once before, someone sent me a burned copy of a movie that would only play on my computer and not in my dvd player. I got the same result...flashing green screen.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    have you tried a different dvd in the player?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Yes, other DVD's including other Baby Einstein DVDs play perfectly fine. Just this one does not.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i suspect that the disk maybe region code enhanced (RCE)... and your player maybe set to multi region ... RCE disks will not play on many region free players .... has your player been hacked to make it region free? ... can you change the region code of the player? .. if so set it back to region 1 and the disk will play ... or just copy the disk and remove the region code enhancement (Dvddecrypter will automatically remove the RCE protection when you rip the disk)
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i've just looked at those titles ... many of them are region free disks and therefore have no RCE hence they will play on ur player ... the one you are having trouble with is region coded to R1 us/canada and may therefore have RCE if this is so and if ur player is set to multiregion (AKA region free) it will not play the disk
    Quote Quote  
  22. Ok I have the DVD in my hands it says region 1
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    on the back of the case ... or on the disc itself
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by psx_pirate
    i've just looked at those titles ... many of them are region free disks and therefore have no RCE hence they will play on ur player ... the one you are having trouble with is region coded to R1 us/canada and may therefore have RCE if this is so and if ur player is set to multiregion (AKA region free) it will not play the disk
    Can an inexpensive dvd player like mine (apex) be changed to be able to read this dvd?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is ur player set to multi region
    Quote Quote  
  26. I just looked in my dvd player's set up menu and under TV it said multi, NTSC and PAL. It's currently set to NTSC and it wouldn't allow me (or I couldn't figure out how) to change to either of the other two options. Is this what you're talking about?

DVD itself says region 1 ntsc
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No .... there may or may not be a setting that allows you to change the region code (its most likely there wont be a setting as it is usually only accessed by pressing certain buttons on the remote control in the right order) ... what is the make and model number of ur player
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    as its a reg 1 ntsc disk it should play on ur player unless RCE is preventing it from doing so ... this suggests that ur player is set to multiregion/regionfree
    Quote Quote