VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. how can i put a bunch of vcd's onto a blank dvd while having it still play as a vcd on my dvd player. is there a way i can make a disc without converting the dat files into something else?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    just rename the dat files mpg, and encode audio at 48000.
    member since 1843
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    no, you can NOT make it as VCD on DVD. If you want it to play on most dvd player you must convert it to dvd file format(vob files) but you usually do not have to reconvert the video.

Read our sticky topic:
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=175606
    Quote Quote  
  4. You musi convert avseq01.dat of the nr. # VCD --> movie#.mpg with, for example, VCDGear (dat -> mpeg).
    Then you transcode their audio to 48 kHz.
    Later you compile a DVD image set with the mpv and their transcoded_48kHz.mpa audio files. You can do it with DVD Lab. It also can do the demultiplexing and the transcoding to 48 kHz jobs for you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    New guide online soon .

5 full length movie titles on one dvd , menu's , motion menu's , multiple audio , subtitles , chapters (the correct way) ... the all in wonder guide I have been working on for the last 2 week's ... almost finished ... and it works ... no tinkering here by using ifoedit ...

It take's time to create pro results , but it's worth it ...

For those interested on getting home dvd players to play vcd mpegs , when they dont support the playback of vcd's . You can just pick the bone's of this guide and it will still work .

I have spent a lot of time getting around program shortcomings ... but I wanted to do it correctly ... and with only freeware tools involved .

It'll blow people's sock's off .

Should be online day after xmas .
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I look forward to this. Long story short - I have a Chinese language VCD I bought that is not available on DVD anywhere. It's considered an old classic and I found an Englsh subtitle file for it on the Internet. I ripped the files from the VCD and couldn't get Scenarist to mux is correctly. It kept giving me an error. There's something weird in the video stream of the 1st disc that it didn't like. I used SVCD2DVD to convert it to DVD and that worked, but it introduced a bad audio sync problem. I demuxed, used IFOedit to play around with the audio offset until I got it right and muxed the audio, video and subtitles together and put some chapters in it. It does work, which is what I wanted. I'm very curious to see what you have done and perhaps I can learn something from it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    3 days to go ... missed xmas with all the people about here breaking car's , pc's , you name it , they bring them to me to fix ... guide almost completed , just the pcgedit part to do .

Getting drunk didnt help none either ...lol ... I only do that once a year .

Then it's back to the grind stone and finish these two other guide's off that have been sitting here for over a month .
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TMPG DVD Author will just take the .Dat files in directly, or the VCD compliant Mpegs and you can make a menu and burn it to DVD format and it'll play on any DVD Player.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks for the useful information yall
    Quote Quote