VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just purchase Philips DVP 642/37 Player.

I am using Memorex DVD+RW with Max Speed 2.4X.

I tried using Nero 7.x, burn to DVD No Session. I check and files was on DVD+RW through my computer. When I insert it into the DVP 642 Players. It keep reading forever and forever.

Is there any special way to burn on the the DVD+RW Disc?

Any unique way?
    Quote Quote  
  2. What kind of Video Is it?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by canadateck
    What kind of Video Is it?
    Xvid and Divx Files in AVI format.

I just burned DVD+R disc. It works fine.

I tried the DVD+RW and the player keeps reading it continuesly non-stop.

As for the Disc type.

Memorex 4.7 GB 2.4X DVD+RW

Also, my Burner is LIte-On 832S DVD
    Quote Quote  
  4. I not sure how Nero works, I dont use it,But when using a DVD-/+RW you dont need to set (No Session).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have the dvp-642, use the same Memorex DVD+RW and burn mine with Nero Burning Rom 6.xxx as data discs DVD-ROM udf/iso.

Don't use multi session.

I usually bitset mine to DVD-ROM but, before posting, I just checked a few that I did a long time ago set to DVD+RW and they work fine in the dvp-642 without bitsetting.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Here is the disc info.

Drive Type = DVD DUAL
    Disc Type = DVD+RW (Single Layer)
    Disc MID = 49 4E 46 4F 44 49 53 43 (INFODISC)
    Disc TID = 41 30 31 (A01)
    Nominal Capacity = 4.38GB
    Manufacturer Maybe = Infodisc Technology Co., Ltd.
    SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 2.4X (Write)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The DVP-642, like most DVD players, does have preferences for certain media above others. Personally, I think Memorex discs are absolute crap. No offense guys, but Memorex does not make high quality media. I would recommend to vodreaux to try good quality discs, such as Verbatim (my first choice) or Fuji. You should not burn in multi-session mode and you should use Disk At Once. I have successfully burned DivX files to Verbatim DVD+RW discs and had them play with no problem on this player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Manufacturer Maybe = Infodisc Technology Co., Ltd.
    That's funny my Memorex +RW 2.4 are media id RICOHJPNW01
    I bought mine a long time ago in 3 per box. I also have some 4x rated discs bought at 5 per box, id code PHILIPS 041.

Maybe they changed the discs since then.
    Quote Quote  
  9. My new 642/37 is not playing TDK DVD+RWs. I'm having the same problem as vodreaux, with the "loading" message and whirring noise.

I thought TDK was a good brand, which is why I bought it (It had 5 stars on amazon.com). I'm using Nero express, although I usually use Burning Rom on my other computer. Could it possible be a program issue? I called up Philips and they told me it was either a region problem or the disc burning didn not finalize in a way the player could recognize the disk.
    Quote Quote