VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just got an HDTV and upgraded to digital cable. It's terrific, of course, but I'm wondering if there are any online channel/programming guides besides TVGuide.com. TVGuide is good, but I'm looking for others. I'd like to be able to filter listings, perhaps. For instance, if I only want to see what's on the several HBO channels. Or maybe I want to see what's on all the Showtime channels between 5 and 10 pm a week from Tuesday, etc., etc ...

But in general, I'll take any you tell you about ...

-abs
    "The purpose of art is not the release of a momentary ejection of adrenaline but rather the gradual, lifelong construction of a state of wonder and serenity." --Glenn Gould
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Most cable services have a channel dedicated to a guide. Digital Cable usually has a "Guide" button on the remote.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Microsoft has one. It's not free. I know, I know, who wants to give Bill Gates more money?
    Also, I'm not sure that it will work with every device and every operating system. It might be Windows XP Media Center 2005 only. Or something.
    Here's a link.

http://microsoftprogramguide.com/

Oops. It looks like it's only available in combination with the LG LRM-519 Digital Media Recorder.

But I have Windows XP Media Center 2005 and I have it, but I don't have the stupid LG recorder. So maybe if you dig far enough you can find out more...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks ... I knew there had to be others out there .

TitanTV looks the best so far.

-abs
    "The purpose of art is not the release of a momentary ejection of adrenaline but rather the gradual, lifelong construction of a state of wonder and serenity." --Glenn Gould
    Quote Quote  
  7. I am not a big fan of TitanTV.
    Most of the local TV stations in my area use them to display their schedule on the web. Too often the schedule is wrong and when I complain to the local station I'm told "there's nothing we can do, it was a corporate decision, blah, blah, blah" I have found that TV Guide is more accurate (although errors happen there as well).
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do like TVGuide - I just wish it were more customizable. Also, it doesn't work correctly in Opera, which I use.

I'm liking what I see of TitanTV thus far, especially the "HDTV update." I can click it and see every program being broadcast in HD that day by network.

Pretty cool.

-abs
    Quote Quote