VideoHelp Forum
Thread
  1. I have just loaded ffmpegx onto a new G5. I am receiving the below text in the Progress window when attempting to convert using the MP4 H.264 preset. I have successfully used this conversion on a different MAC - however I cannot get past this - as it never appears to begin converting. Any ideas?

Encoding started on Sun Dec 11 19:15:40 EST 2005
    MEncoder dev-CVS-051126-18:35-3.3 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
    Mac OSX static build for ffmpegX
    AltiVec found
    CPU: PowerPC
    success: format: 0 data: 0x0 - 0xf0022640
    Encrypted VOB file! Read DOCS/HTML/en/dvd.html.

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Greetings,

this seems to be the evil

Encrypted VOB file! Read DOCS/HTML/en/dvd.html.

Looks like your vob is copyprotected. Do you try to encode directly
    from a DVD? Try to rip the vob to harddisc fírst with a programm that
    removes the encryption (Mac the ripper)

Michael

3. Thanks for the response. However I'm not ripping a DVD in this scenario. I am actually exporting the DV straight from iMovie. That is my source for ffmpegx. My attempt at convering it using the MP4 H.264 preset fails in this manner - every time. I am re-instsalling ffmegx and mplayer, mpeg2enc, and mencoder. Hopefully that may clear this up.

fyi - I ran the same conversion under 0.0.9t without any problems.

4. I just reinstalled ffmpegx and the associate binaries. I still receive the Encrypted VOB file! Read DOCS/HTML/en/dvd.html msg in the viewer when attempting to convert my iMovie DV to MP4 H.264.

Note that this is only happening when I choose the MP4 H.264 preset. Using the MP4 preset works fine.

Is there an archive where I can get previous versions?

5. nevermind

My exported DV had 2 minutes of a commercial video clip at the beginning. Once I cut that portion out, it appears to be converting fine. Sorry.