VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I recently tried to make a DVD with QDVD Author using DVD complaint mpegs. I added all of them to the project and tried to create the dvd in my home dir. There is plenty of space on the drive. Anyway it ends with this error:
    Code:
    ERR:  SCR moves backwards, remultiplex input.
    Executing 'mkisofs -dvd-video /home/Andrew/DVD/ | builtin_dd of=/dev/dvd obs=32k seek=0'
    The pad was 9200 for file VIDEO_TS.IFO
    The pad was 1745293 for file VTS_01_2.VOB
    :-( /dev/dvd: 2295104 blocks are free, 2816990 to be written
    :-( write failed: No space left on device
    * DVD±RW/-RAM format utility by <appro@fy.chalmers.se>, version 4.10.
    :-( unable to open("/dev/srcd0"): 
    No such file or directory
    /tmp//execute.sh: line 3: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
    /tmp//execute.sh: line 4: syntax error: unexpected end of file
    /tmp//execute.sh: line 3: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
    /tmp//execute.sh: line 4: syntax error: unexpected end of file
    I cannot figure out why. The only files it ever creates in the output dir are the VOBs. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Will have to check on that garibaldi. Just got linux back up & running on this system. Will just copy over some movie files and see if I can build a DVD with it. I know i've had trouble in the past with qdvdauthor but only messed with it a little bit. I'll let ya know what i find.

later!

Roger
    There are many ways to measure success. You just have to find your own yardstick.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it! Also I tried demuxing these files, but the results with every demuxer I used was that the m2v just displayed the first frame of the video for the whole duration - very weird
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey sorry i haven't gotten back, but linux has fried on my machine for the moment. I can tell you this: I've had problems with both qdvdauthor and dvdstyler on accepting mpegs. i think i got a dvd to work once but am not sure. I do know i used dvdstyler on windows and it work with an mpeg but when i tried to use the exact same mpeg for the linux version, it failed. Not really sure what the deal is. There is a new version of qdvdauthor now so maybe that'll help. I'll know more when i get fedora installed again

Happy Holidays!

Roger
    There are many ways to measure success. You just have to find your own yardstick.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by burnman99
    Hey sorry i haven't gotten back, but linux has fried on my machine for the moment. I can tell you this: I've had problems with both qdvdauthor and dvdstyler on accepting mpegs. i think i got a dvd to work once but am not sure. I do know i used dvdstyler on windows and it work with an mpeg but when i tried to use the exact same mpeg for the linux version, it failed. Not really sure what the deal is. There is a new version of qdvdauthor now so maybe that'll help. I'll know more when i get fedora installed again

Happy Holidays!

Roger
    Happy Holidays Roger!!

I've been struggling with this a lot lately too. I can use GFD in windows but I must demux all my files which has proven difficult too. Then once I get them demuxed it won't author a few of them, claiming some problem. I think I'll have the same problems with DVD Styler, Q DVD Author, and Varsha since they all use the dvd author suite
    Quote Quote