VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Guys,
    I need immediate help...well I have a HP Cd Writer "9140i"...which as I know doesnt support Over Burning Feature ....SO I cannot use Nero BURN on it...

......I HAVE NERO 5.5.5.1 (latest is 5.5.6.4).BUT I M NOT ABLE TO BURN VCD'S NOR SVCD's By IT...When VCD/SVCD Burning Menu is opened ,after the Selecting and Dragging and Droping of the required DAT files in the "MPEGAV" Folder ..the ICON OF WRITE CD (8TH FROM THE LEFT IS "NOT" HIGHLIGHTED)--which opens the write CD Dialog Box.NOR IN FILE MENU.."Write CD" -HIGHLIGHTED EVEN THOUGH THE BELOW TIME STATUS TASK BAR SHOWS THE TIME DAT FILE SELECTED <80 mins ...I have also reffered the NERO 5.5 user guide.& also tried uninstalling all my HP Cd writer Software...but all has gone in vain..

....Guys can any body HELP ME Understand NERO....I have been Really Trying hard to Burn a simple VCD BY NERO....

.........CAN any body tell me whats the problem with my NERO..Why the hell its NOT showing the "Write CD" ICON ...is any DRIVER MISSING or so...if not than HOW SHOULD I solve this PROBLEM..I have also Reinstalled it many many Times...

....Also please Suggest How CAN I use NERO to

-- OverBurn my VCD's upto 80 mins.
    --Burn VCD's which would be compatible for Playing On any VCD players(& not only PC's).
    --Can create Simple Menus for VCD --Movies

.....Friends till Now..I being a FOOL was burning all my VCD's as data CD (with the "HP -MYCD" software provided By HP...)I have tried out My hands on almost Every Thing to burn VCD using NERO and have Not Succeeded yet.....Please Suggest a Solution ...please rember My CD Writer is HP 9140i-(8x-4x-32x)......
    ...any Suggestions on how should I burn my VCD's with Nero 5.5.5.1 are Most Welcome..

best Regards,
    Nityanand.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Start by UNINSTALLING that crap CD burning software that came with your HP. Then get the latest drives for your drive.

Get the latest version of nero. And try again.

If your drive does not support overburning, then ATTEMPTING to overburn will screw up you burner. If you are noot sure, dont try it. I use 700MB/80Min CD-R's made by IMATION or MEMOREX. (cheapies!!) And they ork fine. I can put a little over an hour of SVCD video encoded at 1400-1500 Bit rate onto 1 CD.

Look to the left, and search the forum for more help.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Are those files vcds? Why are you trying to butn dat files?
    Just curious, I had to make my movies into avi files or mpegs to burn in Nero.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just use nero to burn the MPEG's.

Pick either VCD or SCVD (depending on how its encoded!)
    Quote Quote