VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM

The VCD's that I am creating must not be a standard format? As I am making 'PHOTO' VCD's using the latest version of NERO.

I tell NERO that I want to make a VCD, choose the digital pictures that I want to add to the CDR and it makes a photo slide show that will play back as a VCD in my stand alone RCA DVD player and using 'PowerDVD' on my PC.

To date the only software/computer based player that I have been able to get to display these 'PHOTO VCD's on my computer has been PowerDVD. And it is a retail program, do you know of a freeware / shareware program, or how to add the needed codex to Windows Media Player V6.x and higher to allow the playback of these photo VCD's.

OR do you have any suggestions on how I can share digital photos with family.. some have DVD players while other only have a PC and would like to create a single disc that I could just copy as needed.

David E. Carmichael
    ================================================== ===
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know if this will help look in F&Q go to general topics click on how do i make vcd photo cd the click on next how to tab and look for the one using nero. hope this helps
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>On 2001-12-25 23:08:12, tazzila wrote:
    I don't know if this will help look in F&Q go to general topics </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

What / Who's F&Q?

If you mean NERO's / Ahead's then they say that they don't support 'KODAK PHOTO CD' but I am not tring to create a 'TRUE PHOTO CD'
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The F&Q here at this site. READ YOU WILL LEARN ALOT. LOOK THRU OLD POSTS AND ALL THE F&Q THERE IS TONS OF INFO.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-12-26 01:27:06, tazzila wrote:
    The F&Q here at this site. READ YOU WILL LEARN ALOT. LOOK THRU OLD POSTS AND ALL THE F&Q THERE IS TONS OF INFO.
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

I am following the outline for creating a Photo VCD with NERO as listed at FAQ web page :
    http://www.vcdhelp.com/nerophoto.htm
    : and it is this VCD that I can not get to play back on my system(s) using the standard MS-Media Player or any other software based VCD player that I have tried todate. MS-Media Player and other software will playback the NTSC VCD demo that a person can download from this web site with out any troubles.

These NERO created Photo VCD's will playback with PowerDVD and on my stanalone RCA DVD player. But what I need is a freeware player for these Nero created Photo VCD's
    Quote Quote