VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Everything has been going fine until just recently. Now, when I start RecordNow Max v4.5 an error message comes up and says it can't find a compatible recorder. I have removed the DVD recorders and reinstalled them but it didn't help. This is my favorite burning software and it's not available anymore through the normal software vendors. Anyone have an idea what might be wrong so I can fix it or where I might get another copy and see if there's just something wrong with mine. It may not be of importance, but I had Symantec on my computer and it stopped working after Symantec bought out the company. I am now using McAfee which appears to be doing a better job than Symantec.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, have you sorted this problem out?

if not, your problem that there has been an update of the px.dll and pxdrv.dll file in your windows/system32. either through recordnow max or other programs ( i know winamp uses the pxdrv.dll file). this updated px driver dll files are the reason why recordnow max can not find a compatible burner.

you have to physically delete the px files and re-install recordnow max 4.5e. that way you will get the correct version of the px files.

some other programs may not function quite right. for example when you start winamp, it comes up with an error about the px.dll file but when you click on ok winamp works fine.
    Quote Quote  
  3. and if all all fails, (I found from a post on here). A "hacked" px that allows this older software to see newer burners (such as my pioneer 109). SO if yoo cant come through with anything else, send me a private message for more info---
    Quote Quote  
  4. here is the direct link which I found off these forums to begin with. This will enable you to use your newer dvd burner with the older versions (and no longer supported) of recordnow max. Interestingly enough I had just reformatted on a new hard drive. I put on the old 4.50 recordmax and it saw my pioneer 109 burner, without any hacks so to speak. well below is the link enjoy---

http://www.dvd-recordable.org/Reviews+index-req-showcontent-id-137.phtml
    Quote Quote